Ashes or World Cup?

TBH the Ashes series are starting to feel like England vs Scotland in the old home internationals at Wembley or Hampden..

England (in all sports) need to f***ing man up ( or hopefully woman up, in the current football World Cup..), and try and win something that more than 1 other team are playing in at International level.

We are in danger of winning the World Cup of 'confirmed bottlers' in every major knockout international sports competition when it matters on the world stage.

Just my opinion.

:neutral:

Looks as if we could play Australia in the final, if things pan out. We need to get some method of playing Stark
Tony or Mitchell?

TBH the Ashes series are starting to feel like England vs Scotland in the old home internationals at Wembley or Hampden..

England (in all sports) need to f***ing man up ( or hopefully woman up, in the current football World Cup..), and try and win something that more than 1 other team are playing in at International level.

We are in danger of winning the World Cup of 'confirmed bottlers' in every major knockout international sports competition when it matters on the world stage.

Just my opinion.

valid one at that. Bar the 66, rugby lads in 03 and the t20 in 2010, we are the biggest flatterers to deceive

It’s all there for England now. Australia have not had a poor game yet, they are overdue.

I’m feeling confident after watching Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
This time only, World Cup. Get it out of the way, ridiculous that we haven't won it.

This for me. Ashes comes about more often and we’ve won it plenty of times. Winning the World Cup would be more special, especially at home. I agree that test cricket is the best form of the game don’t get me wrong, just feel that there isn’t too much glory in beating a poor Australian team compared to winning a home World Cup

Just my opinion.

Not sure how a country of 40 million people getting to the last four of the WC counts as bottling mind... and yes I know the population of Croatia is a fraction of that.

World Cup for me although it's a shame the final clashes with Wimbledon. It's likely to be made FTA and cricket needs maximum eyes on it.

Winning the world cup would see us likely beating the Aussies in the semi or final.

What better way to go into Ashes series.

Win both of the fuckers. Hawayyy

Not sure how a country of 40 million people getting to the last four of the WC counts as bottling mind... and yes I know the population of Croatia is a fraction of that.

World Cup for me although it's a shame the final clashes with Wimbledon. It's likely to be made FTA and cricket needs maximum eyes on it.

Like I said, the key phrase is 'winning something' not 'doing well'.

That's exactly the point I'm making, for nearly 60 years people have been clinging on to stats like this.

Nervous too but quietly confident especially with stoinis, khawaja and starc (please) struggling

Aye, we are a better ODI side than them, if we played each other 100 times we'd comfortably come out on top, its just who is on it on the day

Bairstow and Roy are so key, if they can get a partnership[ we will win

Honestly more worried about the weather f***ing us up and it pissing down for two days, or enough for a no result

Yeah weather looks to turn out of nowhere next week

Our Olympic record is decent too

World cup for me as we still haven't won one and we can finally get the monkey off our back by doing so and show the world we can win at all forms.
The ashes is nice to win but we have won quite a few recently and the Aussies aren't the force they once were where it could take 20 years to win them back.

It’s extremely exciting times to be a England cricket fan imo.

We in a World Cup semi final at home, we have the best team we have ever had in the 50 over format, we are also playing a brilliant brand of attacking cricket, that until 4 years ago was almost unthinkable from a England team!

It did confuse and surprise me after one or two slip ups in this tournament the people who got on here having a go at the players and management considering what we have seen for the last 4 years which is brilliant cricket in this format.

At this moment in time considering we have never won the World Cup and it only comes round every 4 years, I would say on this occasion World Cup more important than winning a home ashes series.

Hopefully we get there and Sky keep there promise to make it FTA. The highlights are being shown, but at stupid o clock so a lot of people are missing out.

I read somewhere that the BBC Live Text service had over 250,000 viewers for one of our games, which is a mental amount when you think its essentially someone in an office providing updates from a tv screen.

Cricket not being on FTA in any shape or form has really damaged the game in my opinon

Back