Ashes 2nd test thread - Lords

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Icarebecauseyoudo

Aggers thinks Finn will be dropped

Bresnan or onions? You just know it will be Bresnan ;)

Bowler has one bad showing and is dropped yet batsmen have several fails and stay in the team. Odd.

Saying that, if Willis is correct, and England are preparing another slow and dry pitch then Finn would be wasted.

Of course it will be Bresnan, he is ahead of Onions in terms of those lying in wait.

I dont think they will drop Finn, simply because the match is on his home turf.

If they do drop him then I doubt he will play again in the series as will hit his confidence even more.

If he is being dropped in my view Onions is a superior bowler to Bresnan and should be picked, however I reckon they will play safe and go from Bresnan "for his batting" which is always a bit of a lame reason in my eyes.

England named same 13 man squad. If they do leave out Finn would love to see Onions get a chance but will probably go for Bresnan. Bunny would have bowled well on that wicket at Tent Bridge.
Be interesting to see if England can persuade Lords to produce another dry wicket, they tend to do their own thing at the home of cricket.

Bowler has one bad showing and is dropped yet batsmen have several fails and stay in the team. Odd.

Saying that, if Willis is correct, and England are preparing another slow and dry pitch then Finn would be wasted.

Of course it will be Bresnan, he is ahead of Onions in terms of those lying in wait.

Finn has been in pretty average form for some time now

Onions bowls wicket to wicket - probably a better bet than Bresnan if Lords is prepared the same as TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back