Ashbrooke in danger of closing?

I think we’ve been here before with Ashbrooke and they used to keep afloat by selling off the family silver, like the pitch at Grangetown and land on the perimeter of the ground for housing.
Did a fella not take up the running of it around 15/20 years ago and basically transform it?
I’ve always thought it should be a beacon for this town but it’s just never attained that for various reasons.

Need people with knowledge of where to get grants and proper business plans
I think we’ve been here before with Ashbrooke and they used to keep afloat by selling off the family silver, like the pitch at Grangetown and land on the perimeter of the ground for housing.
Did a fella not take up the running of it around 15/20 years ago and basically transform it?
I’ve always thought it should be a beacon for this town but it’s just never attained that for various reasons.
Selling assets is unsustainable

I expect there will be no players being paid next season with any spare cash going towards the leccy....
I believe the club and bar is a separate entity to the cricket side so there’ll still be plenty of envelopes being handed out.
From the club that had the begging bowl out to raise funds to pay for new nets whilst paying thousands out to useless players. f***ing shameful.

No surprise, they’re stuck in the 1960s in there.
Didn’t the rugby stand need replacing recently
There’s always been infighting between the different spirts
When swish was booming they despised the fact it was used as a cash cow for the rest of the club yet their changing rooms were a disgrace

Asking for donations to pay the bills.
Cant believe it cant at least break even as a charity. Cricket in summer, several rugby teams playing in winter, snooker, squash, gymn, treatment room, full catering kitchen / restaurant / coffee shop, running clubs, bowls club......indoor bar and lounge and outdoor bar. Was rammed during the Covid months but they have nothing on now

Asking for donations to pay the bills.
Cant believe it cant at least break even as a charity. Cricket in summer, several rugby teams playing in winter, snooker, squash, gymn, treatment room, full catering kitchen / restaurant / coffee shop, running clubs, bowls club......indoor bar and lounge and outdoor bar. Was rammed during the Covid months but they have nothing on now

Why can’t SAFC give them a big donation?

Back