Than us ?

I guess Bury have a case, but in England we must have had

The worst results
Scored the fewest goals
Had the fewest shots
The least entertainment

Possibly

Conceded the most ?

Imagine how good it will feel when we're good again.

The mags. Numerous defeats against us, and despite our position now we don't wear gravy stained shirts, shout at shops and smash up our city centre

On 1st Jan 2010 6, 7, 8 in Premier League - Bolton, Sunderland & Blackpool. I’d say that both Bolton and Blackpool have had worse decades than us. Blackpool possibly the most likely to have the better next decade?
Aye Blackpool have had it rough I agree, but they played some good football for a bit at the start of the decade.

Bolton had a promotion.

Last edited:
Would be interested to see stats for all
Football league teams over the last decade. Win / loss percentages etc. we’ve got to be close to the bottom.

Does anyone know a good site to source this data? If it’s possible I could take a crack at it.

Nah not for me. We had some good memories in this decade despite how shit it is now. Most of it was spent in the premier league. A major cup final. The results against the mags, won at Stamford bridge, old Trafford.

That been said the last 3 and a half years takes some beating for what a fan base has gone through. Back to back rock bottom relegations, followed by the lowest finish in the clubs history with a last minute defeat at Wembley. This season likely to break the lowest finish record, soul destroying really.

Shit loads of teams have had a worse decade than us. We might have been shit for most of it but were a top flight team, got to a cup final.
We were a top flight team but we played badly, barely scored any goals and were generally dull to watch. A couple of little spurts for the great escapes but they we only good because of the shit that preceded them. I kind of accept the cup final was a highlight, but ultimately disappointing.
Would be interested to see stats for all
Football league teams over the last decade. Win / loss percentages etc. we’ve got to be close to the bottom.

Does anyone know a good site to source this data? If it’s possible I could take a crack at it.
I'm interested too, I don't know where to look, I messaged OPTA Joe but he didn't reply.

Last edited:
We were a top flight team but we played badly, barely scored any goals and were generally dull to watch. A couple of little spurts for the great escapes but they we only good because of the shit that preceded them. I kind of accept the cup final was a highlight, but ultimately disappointing.

I'm interested too, I don't know where to look, I messaged OPTA Joe but he didn't reply.
So what. I reckon colchester would have loved to have had the last 10 years we have had.

Back