As The Decade Comes To A Close, Has Anyone Had a Worse One

Last few years have been mostly shite (even then we've been to Wembley twice this year) but there's a lot of great times until Moyes came in.

The last minute goal/penalty shoot out at Old Trafford, won 3-0 against the Mags about forty times, beat them in the last minute the week before Christmas, first team to beat a Mourinho Chelsea side in the league at Stamford Bridge and then won at Old Trafford a fortnight later, the week we beat Chelsea and Everton under Allardyce, the 2-0 win at Everton followed by the draw at Arsenal to keep us up, two last minute winners against Man City. Tons more.

and better than all the rest of that, we signed Marcos Angeleri.

So what. I reckon colchester would have loved to have had the last 10 years we have had.
Possibly if you think that they would just be happy to play the big teams, but they've only had 1 relegation. We've had 2 and struggled the other 8. Our best year points wise was last year obviously and even that was hard to watch.
They've had an enjoyable year, so at least one more than us.

Last edited:
Strange decade, more seasons in top flight than every other decade I've been watching football but also more seasons in the 3rd flight. Started going late 70s

Possibly if you think that they would just be happy to play the big teams, but they've only had 1 relegation. We've had 2 and struggled the other 8. Our best year points wise was last year obviously and even that was hard to watch.

Have a word man they've been in L2 ffs

How many years have colchester spent in the top flight for the last 10 years?

How many years have colchester spent in the championship in the last 10 years?

Unless the answer is 8 then they've had a worse decade than us.

How many years have colchester spent in the top flight for the last 10 years?

How many years have colchester spent in the championship in the last 10 years?

Unless the answer is 8 then they've had a worse decade than us.
OK, ignore the badly worded title and look at the things on the first post.

Have they lost more ?
Have they scored less ?
Have they had less shots ?
Have they conceded more ?
Have they been more turgid to watch ?

OK, ignore the badly worded title and look at the things on the first post.

Have they lost more ?
Have they scored less ?
Have they had less shots ?
Have they conceded more ?
Have they been more turgid to watch ?
So you're changing the goal posts to suit 😂

Last few years have been mostly shite (even then we've been to Wembley twice this year) but there's a lot of great times until Moyes came in.

The last minute goal/penalty shoot out at Old Trafford, won 3-0 against the Mags about forty times, beat them in the last minute the week before Christmas, first team to beat a Mourinho Chelsea side in the league at Stamford Bridge and then won at Old Trafford a fortnight later, the week we beat Chelsea and Everton under Allardyce, the 2-0 win at Everton followed by the draw at Arsenal to keep us up, two last minute winners against Man City. Tons more.

and better than all the rest of that, we signed Marcos Angeleri.
A few highlights undoubtedly, wouldn't argue with any of them. We have played around 500 games in the decade though.
So you're changing the goal posts to suit 😂
No, if you care to look at my first post you will see the same.

Last edited:
Than us ?

I guess Bury have a case, but in England we must have had

The worst results
Scored the fewest goals
Had the fewest shots
The least entertainment

Possibly

Conceded the most ?

Imagine how good it will feel when we're good again.

Still got a couple of weeks to turn the decade around, early days.

This may have been poor by our standards but there's been plenty of ups. We've played plenty teams this last year who'll never know the premier league let alone hammer Chelsea away or have the run like we did against Newcastle. Yet they still follow their team all over knowing fine well the football will only ever be rubbish

Have a word man they've been in L2 ffs
I've arsed the title up, I should have put something like, has there been a harder team to follow ? I would argue that, at least they have had a promotion year, presumably an enjoyable year with goals, wins, probably clean sheets, entertainment and general matchday satisfaction. We, on the other haven't had that sort of respite, all of our years have been a relegation battle except last year which was still as dull as anything.

However, as people have suggested there probably are a few and Portsmouth would be one of them as they had all the financial stuff. Blackpool have also had a canny bit of stress and I hadn't even realised about Yeovil.

Wrexham
Chesterfield
Notts County
Hartlepool
Bolton
Bury
Macclesfield
Boston
Maidstone

Could name many more.
There is more of you who support your club but don’t think you have had it that bad. Can’t see you dropping in League Two as a start.
Yeovil weren't in the championship

They were.

Last edited:
Wrexham
Chesterfield
Notts County
Hartlepool
Bolton
Bury
Macclesfield
Boston
Maidstone

Could name many more.
There is more of you who support your club but don’t think you have had it that bad. Can’t see you dropping in League Two as a start.

They were.
I bet every one of them has had more shots than us.

I can absolutely see us dropping into l2, we are in freefall.

Yeovil Town certainly had a yo yo this decade.But certainly made whats now the second tier.
Lots of clubs had as bad or as worse than us and bounced. Wasnt Leicester City in division 3 during this decade.Sheffield United also. Notts County Torquay Utd York City and probs others all fell like a stone.
Hartlepools might have reason to whinge as much as us. Darlington ended up in oblivion. Boldon CA are no more. Gateshead had their problems.
Bury was promoted from Division 4 at the start of the decade.Them poor sods have nothing to even critacise now.Maybe us are lucky us have something.
Thats only the last ten years. Its not just us. Doesnt make it any better but wear still going.(strong).

Worst relegation you can suffer in English football is out of the football league into the Conference.
Statistically the hardest drop to climb back from at the first attempt.
And to think, it used to be even harder.
Piece of piss these days compared to 25 years ago.

Back