+++ Arsenal v Aston Villa kick off 1630 Sky Sports Main Event SKY Sports Premier League Sky Sports Ultra HDR +++

Arsenal haven't folded, they've had a bad result. They've won 10 of the previous 11. The one draw was against Man City. Still a few twists and turns yet

Desperate for a striker, whether arteta actually accepts that and buys a top class 25+ goals striker is anyones guess. Always seems to me he’d rather his teams walk the ball into the net than take the easy option of having that striker or two who may not be as silky or run around as much as the other players but consistently score
If they stump up for Toney or that isak lad or both by selling some players, they’d be proper contenders. But big number strikers come with huge price tags as well those two are gonna be nudging 100m each potentially

They've been heavily linked with Watkins.

But it won't happen if villa get champions league this year imo

They've been heavily linked with Watkins.

But it won't happen if villa get champions league this year imo
Yeh doubt Watkins would even think about it if villa get that 4th spot, and would villa even think about selling if he’s still got time on his contract with the massive extra revenue from even the group games to come in.
Saying that I think Toney and isak are both better than him

Yeh doubt Watkins would even think about it if villa get that 4th spot, and would villa even think about selling if he’s still got time on his contract with the massive extra revenue from even the group games to come in.
Saying that I think Toney and isak are both better than him
Villa might need the cash. Pretty close the FFP limits I think.

Thats a massive change on just a week ago then. Was about a 75% chance England over Germany
This explains it better than me.
Liverpool and West Ham looking like they're going out will knack up English chances

Villa might need the cash. Pretty close the FFP limits I think.
I’m guessing they may squeak it with some minor sales…then they’ll have an extra 40m or so just from group stages of champs league the year after it they can stay under the bar
And if what they do sell is academy products, that stretches the money a little further again, but I guess most teams will have to horse trade this summer with ffp, could well be a quiet summer for most clubs and not lots of massive fees being thrown about

This explains it better than me.
Liverpool and West Ham looking like they're going out will knack up English chances

Looking like 50/50 at the moment then
They had 10 wins in 11 with one draw against City so that's harsh

Theyve bottled it

Last edited:
Thats a massive change on just a week ago then. Was about a 75% chance England over Germany
England and Germany are virtually level. We look like losing both teams from the UEFA Cup, Leverskuen look like winning it. If Man City and Arsenal both go through, 2nd spot should go to England. If Bayern beat Arsenal, it will be tight.

Villa were excellent.

title race still very much on but City c clearly in the driving seat now.

Fine margins at that level.
City best Villa 4-1 without their two best players. That’s the difference c
England and Germany are virtually level. We look like losing both teams from the UEFA Cup, Leverskuen look like winning it. If Man City and Arsenal both go through, 2nd spot should go to England. If Bayern beat Arsenal, it will be tight.
What a load of shite, 5 teams from one league

Back