Arsenal: Most FA Cups

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are happy being higher than Arsenal.

Only tells half the tale. They are happier as they finished higher & qualified for Champs League when Arsenal didnt. Either way they have soon turned into the Arsenal club they recently taunted for putting qualification ahead of trophies.

So are you saying Spurs fans now happier finishing second without a trophy?

Nope. I'm terms of their long term aims though, this season has probably been more of a success than Arsenal's if this is what establishes them as CL regulars and title challengers.

All I'm saying is that Arsenal normally finish fourth and win the cup. This season they've gone backwards, winning only the cup. Yes the cup is great but overall the season has been a bit of a letdown.

Only tells half the tale. They are happier as they finished higher & qualified for Champs League when Arsenal didnt. Either way they have soon turned into the Arsenal club they recently taunted for putting qualification ahead of trophies.

Correct, for years Arsenal have been told top 4 is not a trophy. And rightly so. I remember us winning the FA cup in '93 but would honestly have to google where we finished in the league that season. Trophies mean everything to fans not some 4th place finish and qualification into a cup you will never win.

It just shows the state of modern football.

Fifth and winning the cup would have been a great season. Coming sixth and winning the UEFA Cup up and the League Cup was fan

Arsenal might have won the Cup but it's still been a poor season for them. Player for player they are as good as anyone, but they lack the fight that CFC displayed week in week out. That comes from the manager and from key players. Only Sanchez can be relied on every week. The number of times I have seen Arsenal coast, be 2-0 down and then come back in the last 20 minutes. lazy arrogant team that has been that way for a while.

Looking at some of the replies on here I think is why I lost a lot of interest on footy tbh. Is there any other sport where winning summat is still deemed a bit of a failure cos you finished 5th in summat else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back