Around the Shires....

Some fantastic finishes in the Championship today.

Northants chased down 320 to beat Surrey by two wickets. The defiance from Lancs. The Hampfrica win.

Proper cricket :cool:
Unfortunately only managed to watch the last 40 mins of Notts v Lancs but it was good.
A player who has really impressed me watching the streams this season is Danny Lamb at Lancs he is like a clone of Ben Raine but makes contributions most games for Lancs with bat or ball.

The worst that could happen for those of us who want to return to the 2 divisions next season would be Notts winning the title. Not sure they could just send them back to division 2 as though nowt happened as defending county champions! I do fear that too much water has gone under the bridge since March 2020 and we’re stuck with this conference shite with 2/3s playing dead rubbers from August at the latest

Good news is that we’re second in the league on average points. Delighted that Surrey got beaten and are near bottom! Hope they stay there! We just need Essex to lose a couple. I want us to win this league on principle!

Back