Around the Grounds

Anyone know what the tie-breakers are for the Bob Willis Trophy? I presume the first one is wins, but Derbyshire & Worcestershire could both end up tied on 90 and would have the same wins/draws. With Essex also on 90 but winning the tie-breaker.
Oh and Yorkshire and make it to 90 as well if they score 400 and beat Leicestershire.

Last edited:

Somerset v Essex the final. Hope Somerset win, rather than one of the London mafia counties who're pretty much carried by Harmer (who I hope plays for SA again - don't get me wrong I totally understand the attraction of being a Kolpak given the situation in South Africa).

Yorkshire had to leave out 4 players just before the start of the Roses match as they didn't get the results of their covid tests in time. Hurting them at the moment, inexperienced middle order leading to the innings tailing away here.

Batting order baffling mind. Tattersall a recognised batsman in at 9 and Thompson who hit 40 off 18 the other day at 8. Two young lads who couldn’t seem to get the ball off the square in ahead of both.

Still Gale will have his excuse ready made with the absence of the Covid 4. Already had the weather to blame for not getting to the BW final

Yorkshire had to leave out 4 players just before the start of the Roses match as they didn't get the results of their covid tests in time. Hurting them at the moment, inexperienced middle order leading to the innings tailing away here.

Are they piping ‘Yorkshire, Yorkshire’ and WE ALL HATE LEEDS SCUM’ on loop through the PA to recreate the authentic Roses atmosphere?

Somerset v Essex the final. Hope Somerset win, rather than one of the London mafia counties who're pretty much carried by Harmer (who I hope plays for SA again - don't get me wrong I totally understand the attraction of being a Kolpak given the situation in South Africa).

Cider, Cider, Cider!

Back