Arkansas Executions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I get why they allow the victim's family to watch the executions, but I'd honestly couldn't think of anything more disturbing to be honest. Each to their own like, I just wouldn't want to see it.

There's been some talk of a couple of states bringing back firing squads due to the difficulty in gtting the drugs required.

Bullets are ten a penny over there, makes sense.

I really don't have a problem with killing the worst scum society has to offer.
Fuck this suffering in jail bollocks. I don't want to keep some sick fuck like Huntley or Sutcliffe alive for years when that cash could be used for better things. Pop a cap in the sick fuckers then bury them in an unmarked grave somewhere. Job done.

There's been some talk of a couple of states bringing back firing squads due to the difficulty in gtting the drugs required.
Aye I can`t see arms manufacturers refusing to supply states cos their products mare being used unethically

"We've been waiting a long, long time for this," Genie Boren told local news station Fox 16.
"People have to be punished for things they've done."

Somewhat ignoring the whole "eye for an eye" thing there then.
Granted if my relative had been murdered I'd want justice.
But what I'd want is for their killer to get life (and mean life) in prison with no chance of parole.
What good will killing them do? It's not exactly a punishment when you can only do it once.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here comes another death penalty thread
I'd bet a very large proportion of the pro death penalty advocates in Arkansas will be religious. As far as they're concerned killing them is sending them to hell and eternal damnation early.

Bullets are ten a penny over there, makes sense.

I really don't have a problem with killing the worst scum society has to offer.
Fuck this suffering in jail bollocks. I don't want to keep some sick fuck like Huntley or Sutcliffe alive for years when that cash could be used for better things. Pop a cap in the sick fuckers then bury them in an unmarked grave somewhere. Job done.
My quick Google search for "cheap ammo US retail" showed me 200 rounds for $219 dollars, significantly more than 10 a penny. ;)

Personally I think they should be in prison. I don't feel they should be "suffering" in prison, just removed from society and live their days with the minimum of comforts. I don't believe we as a society should say murder is wrong then kill people.

I understand why many may disagree, however my view is we we are better than them by taking that higher ground.

I've never had anyone close to me murdered but I imagine if I was the guy whose wife was murdered I would want the killer executed painfully.
This.
I don't see why so much consideration should be given to people who are a danger to the public.
What about considering what the victims friends and family might want in respect of the punishment. After all, they will probably suffer mentally for the rest of their lives.
As far as the out of date drugs are concerned, it could just be bullshit. And why can vets humanely put animals down, but they seem to have problems doing the same to people.
This bloke murdered 3 people, and ruined the lives of many more. He got what he deserved, eventually.

I'd bet a very large proportion of the pro death penalty advocates in Arkansas will be religious. As far as they're concerned killing them is sending them to hell and eternal damnation early.

If there was such a thing, i'd accept that. But there is'nt, so lets just get on with the job and save the taxpayer some money.

Last edited:
What about considering what the victims friends and family might want in respect of the punishment. After all, they will probably suffer mentally for the rest of their lives.
This all day. Whatever helps bring them closure. It's all you can try to salvage at that point. For some that'll be knowing the perp is rotting in a cell, for others it'll be knowing the perp no longer draws breath on this Earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back