Arkansas Executions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is. I'm really confused about why there is such a big deal about not being able to purchase lethal injection drugs.

There are other execution methods and if the state legislature has a big hard-on for the death penalty then it shouldn't be difficult to move away from the lethal injection.

"We've been waiting a long, long time for this," Genie Boren told local news station Fox 16.
"People have to be punished for things they've done."

Somewhat ignoring the whole "eye for an eye" thing there then.
Granted if my relative had been murdered I'd want justice.
But what I'd want is for their killer to get life (and mean life) in prison with no chance of parole.
What good will killing them do? It's not exactly a punishment when you can only do it once.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here comes another death penalty thread

"We've been waiting a long, long time for this," Genie Boren told local news station Fox 16.
"People have to be punished for things they've done."

Somewhat ignoring the whole "eye for an eye" thing there then.
Granted if my relative had been murdered I'd want justice.
But what I'd want is for their killer to get life (and mean life) in prison with no chance of parole.
What good will killing them do? It's not exactly a punishment when you can only do it once.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here comes another death penalty thread

I've never had anyone close to me murdered but I imagine if I was the guy whose wife was murdered I would want the killer executed painfully.

I've never had anyone close to me murdered but I imagine if I was the guy whose wife was murdered I would want the killer executed painfully.

Won't bring your loved one back though will it.
I appreciate I've not been in that situation, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back