Are you happy? Is your life going well?

Yeah I’m very like that. It’s what makes be successful in my job but it comes at a price. I’m almost incapable of enjoying any good bits because I know they’re all forgotten as soon as the next week roles around.

That spills over into personal life and I have become very matter of fact / pessimistic in most cases.

Jesus I’m a miserable bastard 😂
Absolutely this. Sunday sleep is a twat
Yeah I’m very like that. It’s what makes be successful in my job but it comes at a price. I’m almost incapable of enjoying any good bits because I know they’re all forgotten as soon as the next week roles around.

That spills over into personal life and I have become very matter of fact / pessimistic in most cases.

Jesus I’m a miserable bastard 😂
Absolutely this. Sunday sleep is a twat

After a tough couple of years, there is a faint light at the end of the tunnel. Our house sale is slowly going through and with a bit of luck we will move back home in January to be closer to family.

My sons current school have finally accepted his dyslexia and also recognised he is showing signs of having learning difficulties (only taken 18 months of begging for help) and have referred him for further tests.

My daughter is doing well at school and despite being DS is slowly becoming a bit more independent.

Work is a chore, but I have so made. Some good mates and the money is good.

We got a new dog after waiting 9 months after our old one passed away

The wife is looking forward to moving and being able to get out and about easier with a decent support network of family.

Mam and dad are also moving back home which will help them as they have been so isolated during Covid.

All in all as long as things go well and the move comes off (never count your chickens) it's not been bad this year

I don't think the Human race is meant to be happy. We are always striving for the next thing. Discontent leads to achievement.

The Human Condition.

The key is being satisfied with what you have. Christ knows how.

My problem is that what would make me truly happy is superficial. Bogged down with family life / work I fantasise about what would make me happy and it doesn't make me feel good about myself. I'd like to disappearear for a few months of complete hedonism, on my own away from anyone I know, but I know long term that wouldn't make me happy.

If I can be happy and content with what I have, then I've cracked it.

I drink to numb the arthritis
I’ve got arthritis in both knees and my wrists. Been told I need new knees. I’ve tried turmeric, cbd gels, cortisone injections etc.
As Cat mentioned, try glucosamine also cod liver oil. After taking both daily for a month I’ve noticed a big difference. The pain is now much less severe and I believe it’s cos of these two things.
Alcohol is more fun but you can’t drink every time you’re in pain.
Good Luck.
Ooops just seen your last post.

Had a quite complicated couple of years but if all goes to plan hopefully 2022 is the year something major gets resolved and we can move forward onto happier things as a family

Last edited:
Been taking glucosamine for years

Only thing that takes the edge off is anti inflammatory tablets

I used to take so many 400g ibuprofen I rattled, my doctor shat a brick when I told her, I had to cut them out completely for a while and now only take them for that time of the month and really bad hangovers

I've got it coming in my right shoulder and left hand and left knee, when I took on the damage I remember people saying at least it wasn't my right hand but I played violin so left hand and right shoulder is a complete shitter

still, as you say, there is always booze

Nice to hear all the positives on this thread and also puts my life into perspective with others going through a hard time (hope all works out).

Lost my mam last year when she was only 62, hardest thing ever. Me best mate along with me dad, he’s lost without her so me and our lass have him round the weekend for the footy and Sunday dinner.

2 cracking kids, blessed.

Work is dire but looking for a change in the new year.

Nice house on the beach.

Overall, I’m happy. Family is fit and well, good friends and the bairns that make every day worthwhile.

Back