Are you happy? Is your life going well?

I’ve been shitting through the eye of the needle for 4 days, so no. Well done though.
I'm literally doing the same while reading the smb, bloody illness :(

Can't massively complain though, don't mind my job, get on alright with the missus, no major family arguments or anything, got a bairn who is happy and healthy. I got cancer but I got a "decent" one that shouldn't affect life expectancy so I can't really moan about that either. Aye, it could be a lot worse

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience there from the sounds of it - hope you're able to get through it at some point. Particularly because the "colleagues are never proper friends really" sounds like it's really tarnished those relationships for you and it made me sad to read it. A few of my best, most enduring friends are people I've met at work over the years. One in the UK for more than 30 years, from my first day at work after college, and 2-3 here in the US, one for more than 15 years and the other 2 probably 10 years each. Hope your experience doesn't completely serve to shut down that opportunity for you in future. All the best

thanks mate I appreciate that, it was rough like but I’m alright now

I do have some close friends who were once colleagues, where one of us has moved on and we have kept in touch and developed a friendship for friendships sake, love those types

I find on the whole though work social culture is messy, it’s inconsistent and people go whichever way the wind is blowing and it only takes a couple of arse lickers or dominant personalities to sour the whole place. Some people get flowers when they leave others don’t, some people do a good thing and it gets a mention and recognition, others don’t, some people can do no wrong and some people can do no right etc, I tend to keep myself to myself me

our lass’ place worse than mine for that like, everyone over involved in everyone’s lives. I dunno how they keep up I struggle to make time for my actual mates who I really do like and have chosen to keep around haha

thanks mate I appreciate that, it was rough like but I’m alright now

I do have some close friends who were once colleagues, where one of us has moved on and we have kept in touch and developed a friendship for friendships sake, love those types

I find on the whole though work social culture is messy, it’s inconsistent and people go whichever way the wind is blowing and it only takes a couple of arse lickers or dominant personalities to sour the whole place. Some people get flowers when they leave others don’t, some people do a good thing and it gets a mention and recognition, others don’t, some people can do no wrong and some people can do no right etc, I tend to keep myself to myself me

our lass’ place worse than mine for that like, everyone over involved in everyone’s lives. I dunno how they keep up I struggle to make time for my actual mates who I really do like and have chosen to keep around haha
My workplace is exactly the same. Like you I try to keep myself to myself. Deal with the people I need to. Get a bollocking every week for not going on team calls. I’ve got no interest in listening to colleagues kissing arse to get noticed.. sickening behaviour.

It’s alright, pretty happy in general. Marriage is good, parents still here, my brother finally got a job. Financial situation has improved, now have no debt bar mortgage and I’m learning how to drive.

My job is shite, has been for about 18 months, just have to stick it out til Christmas and hopefully next year I can progress.

I’ve had one of the worst years of my life but I’m feeling really positive lately. I’ve got two amazing sons, a secure job, a roof over my head, good health, amazing family and friends. I still have my bad days but the good days outweigh the bad. So yeah life is going well.

No not particularly, I just take every day as it comes, they all seem to merge into one at the moment. Suppose I have my health which is more than alot of people so that's a bonus

I don't think the Human race is meant to be happy. We are always striving for the next thing. Discontent leads to achievement.

The Human Condition.
i think advertising in the media have a lot to answer for people's happiness. we're constantly bombarded with how better lives other folk have so some spend time and money chasing the perfect life that gets portrayed.

This year I finally thought I’d turned a corner. Debt paid off, new lass, kids settling down a bit, SAFC charging towards promotion, new benefits package at work, new car ordered.
Then me dad died suddenly and SAFC went shite.
There’s always something round the corner to ensure happiness is short lived.

Back