Are you happy? Is your life going well?

Work is very good. Family is very good. We are working at something which will set up our future really nicely but it's taking time and we keep hitting hurdles which is frustrating.

Need more hobbies and friends though

I got so drunk at the gig last night that I pissed in the draw of my side table a few hours ago. Life is a sore head right now but in general I'm having a good time :lol:
Well that’s alright. Nowt that half an hour on top of a radiator can’t resolve.
well not on here you come across as a fun sucking attention seeking bellend - just saying like
Im sorry to hear it mate. Hope your weekend improves if you’re banking on a thread from someone you dislike to make it better.

Last edited:
Says the man with the longest nosed avatar on the forum!

(mine being the shortest)
Spug is a nosy bastard though. Forever trying to get people to post pictures of themselves / their dogs / their houses and asking how people feel. He does some great threads but I don't like it when he uses his 'it's not my fault you're unhappy' schtick.

For the record, my life is pretty miserable but I'm surprisingly happy some days.

Spug is a nosy bastard though. Forever trying to get people to post pictures of themselves / their dogs / their houses and asking how people feel. He does some great threads but I don't like it when he uses his 'it's not my fault you're unhappy' schtick.

For the record, my life is pretty miserable but I'm surprisingly happy some days.
Well you come across class on here mate. You don't post as much now though, might not always be a bad thing like, I probably need some time off this place.

Works looking really positive,order book is full to Feb 2024 for some really prestigious work.

Family are all fit and well

If I could change one thing it would be to make the dog 10 year younger.Crap seeing him being so old .Such is life I suppose.

Works looking really positive,order book is full to Feb 2024 for some really prestigious work.

Family are all fit and well

If I could change one thing it would be to make the dog 10 year younger.Crap seeing him being so old .Such is life I suppose.
Get another now to make the inevitable a little less harsh.

Not the best. Nearly 60 and suffering strokes. Life is now a chore for me but this is how it is. I am enjoying early retirement so far. Just came a bit sooner than I expected is all.

Not the best. Nearly 60 and suffering strokes. Life is now a chore for me but this is how it is. I am enjoying early retirement so far. Just came a bit sooner than I expected is all.
Sorry to hear this. My dad had a stroke round about the same time. He’s let his life end despite the fact it didn’t have to. He spends his days confined to his smoke filled living room.

Make the most of it the best you can!

Nerves shot to bits off the drink ,?
Not at all mate. Drink doesn't get me that much to be honest. Obviously apart from when I'm pissing in pieces of furniture.

I sometimes take a week or two off here. For no other reason than it is more enjoyable again when I come back on.

I think ill start now! See ya in a week or two!

Happiness is something you create, it isn’t something to be found. In my experience people who are miserable tend to compare their lot with what others have and derive dissatisfaction from that, I was perhaps a little bit guilty of that in my 20’s. I would say I am happier than most nowadays and that comes from understanding clearly what I want from life.
People are usually the same throughout their life. If you are a six out of ten then you will revert to that score. Some good stuff might happen and you could be an eight but fairly rapidly you go back to your default. The simplest way of measuring someone’s happiness is asking them to score out of 10. I’m between eight and nine. Always have been.

It’s been a challenging last 6 weeks.
Forced out of my job, detest the new boss and clearly wants to bring in his own person.
Signing my settlement agreement next week and comfortable with that.
Feel for the team I am leaving behind and they have no idea.

Already discussing contracting work this could be the best thing to ever happen at my age but it’s always the unknown that makes it tense. I am a very structured person thus this doesn’t come naturally to me.
I think it was you @Biffo The Bear that was talking the other day about challenging your employer for an increased settlement.
My legal bloke reckons I have a decent settlement.

Get over this and life will hopefully get back to normal.
Need to stop being a “worrier” - I guess the way some of us are wired up.

Back