Are you genuinely Sunderland till you die ?

I have to actively renew as I pay on a card in one hit, after they arsed my direct debit up about 7 years ago. Don't the folks on DD just get auto-renewed though, ie they have to actively opt out?

They only charged me half of each instalment this season. When I asked why they’d done this I was told “I don’t know, maybe it’s because you’ve changed to a plastic season card”

appreciate lots of jokey answers to a jokey question. But what actually constitutes being a Sunderland fan till you die?
I’m a Sunderland fan who these days lives away. I had a season ticket for a few years but gave it up end of last season due to cost (mainly of the travel) and knackering travel time, not to mention too many games changing from 3pm Saturday making it more difficult to get to games.

So I’m not a Sunderland fan who gets to a lot of games from this season, but I still come on here, read the media re us and watch us if we are on sky. I also look out for our scores and feel joy and pain dependant on how we are doing.

I’m falling out of love of the game a bit in recent years due to play acting time wasting and the money that has spoilt the romance of the game, but I would/could never support any other team.

Back