Are you genuinely Sunderland till you die ?

Loads on here seem not to be

Loads on here seem not to be .
Of course in terms of who you support we all are doesn’t mean you can’t be pissed off slag them off etc they deserve it a lot of the time. Doesn’t mean anyone will ever change club unless your that fat mag skunk who hates he’s dar so decided to support the mags to piss him off

I suppose I am. I would never support another team. So therefore yes I am.

I have scant regard for those people who change team or even have a “second” team.

Second team - dear me, it’s unfathomable.

You have scant regard for me, then Jeff.

Born in Bishop Auckland and as a lad watched the Bishops in the mid/late 50’s at Kingsway. Hardisty, Lewin, Bradley, Harry Sharratt and co. Great players,and the most successful amateur team in the country.

Started attending Sunderland games in 1964 but couldn’t always afford to go, so I watched the Bishops as well.

The Bishops were a big part of my childhood introduction to football, their part in helping Man Utd post Munich made me proud of the Bishops

SAFC are my first team but the Bishops will always be my second team to support and I get through to watch them maybe 5-6 times a season.

If that’s ‘unfathomable ‘ so be it, it makes perfect sense to me, though👍

Last edited:
You have scant regard for me, then Jeff.

Born in Bishop Auckland and as a lad watched the Bishops in the mid/late 50’s at Kingsway. Hardisty, Lewin, Bradley, Harry Sharratt and co. Great players,and the most successful amateur team in the country.

Started attending Sunderland games in 1964 but couldn’t always afford to go, so I watched the Bishops as well.

The Bishops were a big part of my childhood introduction to football, their part in helping Man Utd post Munich made me proud of the Bishops

SAFC are my first team but the Bishops will always be my second team to support and I get through to watch them maybe 5-6 times a season.

If that’s ‘unfathomable ‘ so be it, it makes perfect sense to me, though👍
No fair enough mate my post was, as usual, rather tongue in cheek.

I occasionally go to watch South Shields and if I’m there I like them to win but it does not mean the same as watching the lads.

I quite like some other teams but I don’t have a second team. It would, in my humble opinion, be like having a second wife and no one wants that!

Back