Archer

Person whose comments are correct but you don't agree with is attention seeking.

I bet your the centre of attention in your workplace and street.

Luckily people keep quiet and away.

Not many friends in life have you.

But it's not correct you were blarn out when people pointed out that his last game was earlier this year

Fewming here

Archer, who has trained with the England squad over the last few days, played in Division One of the Barbados Cricket Association competition, taking four wickets and scoring 11 runs, but without permission from team management

Last edited:
He's 29 soon, never thought he's that old.
5 years since the world cup and that ashes summer, coming up 3 years since his last test. Ive never seen such an effort to get a player in the squad or in the set up, weve seen the ECB give up a lot quicker on other players, its to the point now that it seems his constant involvement in squads is to meet some BAME quota rather than picking reliable players

5 years since the world cup and that ashes summer, coming up 3 years since his last test. Ive never seen such an effort to get a player in the squad or in the set up, weve seen the ECB give up a lot quicker on other players, its to the point now that it seems his constant involvement in squads is to meet some BAME quota rather than picking reliable players
Also bit of sunk cost fallacy and desperation to vindicate their decision to change residency rules.

Also bit of sunk cost fallacy and desperation to vindicate their decision to change residency rules.

The vindication came immediately. Or was that glorious day at Lords all a dream? You’d think it from this bitterness.

It’s because his ceiling is ludicrously higher than any fast bowler we’ve had in my lifetime.

Still blame Joe Root for breaking him.

Lovely.

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fuck off with this shite. It's because he's our best white ball bowler bar non.
Ahh yes our top wicket taker in our only World Cup win is a massive failure in fast-tracking him.

Personally I don't agree that we nicked him from the Windies. But then he's got an English family so if he wants to play for us that's fair enough, we've happily let many saffers do the same.

The residency rule for someone like Trott I get but not if they have family from here.

Last edited:
The vindication came immediately. Or was that glorious day at Lords all a dream? You’d think it from this bitterness.
Nobody's 'bitter' :lol:

He's simply not fit or consistent enough to be given the opportunities he does, and hampering those of other players.

Archer took 1 wicket and was out for a duck in the WC final. The fifth test against Australia was the only great performance I can remember from him.

He's simply not fit or consistent enough to be given the opportunities he does, and hampering those of other players.

Archer took 1 wicket and was out for a duck in the WC final. The fifth test against Australia was the only great performance I can remember from him.
Only Bumrah had a lower economy rate in that World Cup than him.

It's as much about being miserly as it is taking wickets in white ball. The fact he does both is why he's so good in white ball cricket.

Ahh yes our top wicket taker in our only World Cup win is a massive failure in fast-tracking him.
He took 20 wickets while Wood and Woakes took 18 and 16, decent but hardly a stand-out performance.

Sam Curran was player of the tournament in the World T20, get him straight in.
Only Bumrah had a lower economy rate in that World Cup than him.

It's as much about being miserly as it is taking wickets in white ball. The fact he does both is why he's so good in white ball cricket.
He's only played in one World Cup.

And for a so-called bowling all-rounder I can't remember one good innings from him.

Last edited:

Only two bowlers took more wickets than him in the tournament (Starc and Ferguson) and he had our best average too, bowling the decisive super-over.

But sure.

He took 20 wickets while Wood and Woakes took 18 and 16, decent but hardly a stand-out performance.

And for a so-called bowling all-rounder I can't remember one good innings from him.
He's failed miserably with the bat for England no doubting that but your doing something wrong in your relying on 9th batsman to score runs. So an odd stick to beat him with.

Only England bowler to take 5 wickets in an ODI innings in the last 15 months. It's such a shame he got injured again as looked great in South Africa/Bangladesh just over a year ago.

People seem to talk like he's been gone forever yet likely didn't even bother watching him play 7 times for England last year.

Last edited:

Bowling all rounder? Since when? :lol: he's always been labelled as a bowler who can give it a whack down the order, nothing more. Granted his batting has been shite generally, but let's not pretend he's expected to knock a 50 every time he bats.

He's also proven across all 3 formats that he's one of the best bowlers we have, comfortably. Have people forgotten that spell at Lords where he decked Steve Smith? Or holding his nerve in the super over? Or his performances in South Africa?

I'm sympathetic to the view that he's been given more chances than would be afforded to many, but people trying to rewrite history as him being shite and not worth a spot is just bizarre.

Last edited:

It’s because his ceiling is ludicrously higher than any fast bowler we’ve had in my lifetime.

Still blame Joe Root for breaking him.

Lovely.
Yeah I agree, the effort put in reflects his match winning potential in all formats
Of course the powers of be want to make every possible to effort to get such a talented player fit and firing

Last edited:

Back