Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
First three albums were amazing. Remember seeing them at Leeds when funeral came out. Was blown away by them. i Love them.

Saw them live at the Manchester Apollo after Neon Bible came out and they were great. Funeral is still their best album IMO, although I haven’t listened to the latest one yet as the tracks I did hear from it were incredibly dull.

Love them but there's a song on the Everything Now album that is quite frankly a piss take it's that rank. Don't have the skills to post it on here but I'm sure someone can. It's stand out bad so I'm sure you'll know which one I mean.

I actually laughed the first time I heard it. Can't remember the name.

try and remember, it’s certainly their weakest album but I think the criticism of it was a bit harsh. There’s still some reallygood stuff on it imo.

Just checked. It's called Chemistry. Absolutely honking.

Apologies, it just properly annoys me. Great band otherwise.
try and remember, it’s certainly their weakest album but I think the criticism of it was a bit harsh. There’s still some reallygood stuff on it imo.
See here.

Ten years old last week. Greatest indie rock record of all time? Always held Funeral as their best and still do regard it as one of the very best debuts of all time, but having revisited the Suburbs (remember getting the album on release and it coming with the video for 'We Used to Wait' where you had to put your address in, I liked it then, but didn't love it like Funeral) its just perfect from start to finish. In lyrics, cohesion, emotion, everything.

Saw them live around the time, was amazing. Then kind of lost interest while every now and then going back to Funeral. Never even bothered with Reflektor or Everything Now. Will have to as Reflektor is now considered as up there with their very best.

I was listening to it on the way to work this morning, cracking album.

I think reflektor is better than everything now buy a long stretch.

I remember hearing ‘Power Out for the first time, absolutely amazing. I’ve seen them a good few times, always very good although at T in The Park 2007, it was so windy, it did affect the sound.

I watched an interview with Richard Ashscroft a few years ago and they asked him what song over the course of history, which song do you wish you had written and his answer was Rebellion (Lies).

Just checked. It's called Chemistry. Absolutely honking.

Apologies, it just properly annoys me. Great band otherwise.

See here.

It's bad like. Creature Comfort is lyrically one of the worst songs they've done as all, I can't even listen to it.

That said, Electric Blue is one of their best. Love that song.

The last Album was such as disappointment.

Brilliant live band though, love the fact they are all multi talented musicians and are basically swapping instruments as the concert goes on. Glastonbury Pyramid Stage a personal highlight for me, I was off my box.

Funeral and Neon bible two of the best albums ever made, wasn't as keen on the Suburbs or Reflektor, one of the few who thinks Everything now is a great album, Peter Pan, Electric Blue, We don't deserve love and put your money one me are brilliant tracks.

Ten years old last week. Greatest indie rock record of all time? Always held Funeral as their best and still do regard it as one of the very best debuts of all time, but having revisited the Suburbs (remember getting the album on release and it coming with the video for 'We Used to Wait' where you had to put your address in, I liked it then, but didn't love it like Funeral) its just perfect from start to finish. In lyrics, cohesion, emotion, everything.

Saw them live around the time, was amazing. Then kind of lost interest while every now and then going back to Funeral. Never even bothered with Reflektor or Everything Now. Will have to as Reflektor is now considered as up there with their very best.
Liked the odd song, but never really gave them a proper listen.
Can remember the single suburbs, you could put your postcode in and the video would cut to scenes from streets local to you. Very clever I thought

It's bad like. Creature Comfort is lyrically one of the worst songs they've done as all, I can't even listen to it.

That said, Electric Blue is one of their best. Love that song.
I could never get away with them like but that's as good a song as I've heard from them. It's driving is nuts trying to think where they've lifted that little high riff from.
Ever wondered what happens when you slow down Heart of Glass??

Last edited:
swap Reflektor and Neon Bible around and that’s my order.

Still think everything now is a good album but they’ve set the bar high

I struggle to split neon bible and Reflektor. Very different but equally great.

fully agree on everything now. It’s nowhere near as bad as some make out.
Another great live act. He must be due a new album soon.

he’s superb, one of the greats imo. Saw him couple of years back and he was mesmerising

Last edited:
Its excellent imo (and everyone elses too by the looks of it)

In order for me

Funeral
Reflektor (fuck it, I thought it was good)
The Suburbs
Neon Bible
Everything Now

It's the only one i didn't have so I'll have to come back with my list a bit later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back