Applying For Jobs / Compiling CV etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

houst69

Striker
Been out the game of applying for jobs for a while now, fancy a change.

Anybody got any pointers for compiling a decent CV or where to get templates etc?

I was useless at writing cvs so I used these about 10 years ago and have used them to update it each time I've went for a job,it has got me lots of interest and ultimately my last few jobs. Initially it cost about £70 for the cv and generic covering letter.

https://www.cvcentre.co.uk

Been out the game of applying for jobs for a while now, fancy a change.

Anybody got any pointers for compiling a decent CV or where to get templates etc?

What industry? Go in LinkedIn and thread people's profile who do similar jobs to see how they format and word their online version.

Just send a piece of paper with your contact details. Also include a knife that's dripping in blood with the message 'if I don't get the job you're next'

The employer will be impressed with your determination and your 'do whatever it takes attitude.

If you use a full page colour picture of yourself in word and put it in a text box behind the text but set at about 25% transparency it works really well with a bit of comic sans.
What a lot of people don't realise also is you can actually create your own "bullet" for bullet pointed lists too! I like to use a nice shiny silver horseshoe because it's lucky.
Quoted for truth

Achievements? What are those?
Say you once won a prize at work, could be for anything, attendance, weekly or monthly employee of the month. You can now say on your CV that you are an award winning sales person for example. Doesn't matter how trivial the award was. Talk about when you have hit your targets on numerous occasions, you can now say you are a serial target hitter even though you may have only done it a couple of times.

You really need to big yourself up mate as it's the first step before even getting that interview.

Unrelated but also CV query

I've done a load of different jobs, many on short-term contracts, and none of which are related to my current career.

How do I fit all these in a CV without making it too long, or without removing some and making it look like I have a patchy job history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back