App Store keeps opening to william hill app

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of sites are suffering from it from what I can see. It comes disguised as an advert on Google AdSense, but as it redirects straight away, it is difficult to track down what the advert in question is.

Currently only displaying text adverts on mobiles on the site so it shouldn't be happening at the moment and I am trying my best to track down the advert with a test user but not seeing it, presumably because it is targeted at iPhones.
Are the ads turned back on? Cos I've just been sent to the App Store for some rubbish game.

I did enable adverts on mobile from another network (Criteo, not Google) yesterday, so it looks like they are sending them as well.

I have now restricted those to one per person per hour. So whilst you might unfortunately still see them, they shouldn't happen as often.
Any info you can keep giving me such as the screen shot above, or the app you are redirected to is of use to me in trying to get rid of them.
Also please let me know what device you are using (Android/Apple/Mobile/Tablet)

No popups, interstitials or re-directs of any kind should be getting displayed anywhere on RTG.

Edit: realised what was happening here, when Criteo can't sell the ad space, it is passed to Google Adsense, so the rogue ads are actually still from Adsense. That link has been changed now so they should stop completely again within the next hour - I still want to know if anyone has problems though.[DOUBLEPOST=1395851761][/DOUBLEPOST]
This morning every thread I click on is opening the App Store

Which application/game is it taking you to in the App Store?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back