App Store keeps opening to william hill app

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilSAFC

Striker
When browsing this site on my iphone. Haven't clicked an ad or anything just opens itself. Anyone else getting this?

Another iphone user. Becoming more and more frequent for me as well.

I have just turned off the AdSense mobile ads - it will probably take about an hour or so before this kicks in, but let me know if you continue to see problems after about 1pm.

I will have to switch them back on at some point and will need some help tracking down the rogue advert so if anyone is prepared to help with that let me know (I will add you to a usergroup that gets the adverts displayed again, then it will be a lot of trial and error trying to work out which one of the adverts is causing it.

Also could people please let me know when they first saw this as it may help to track things down.

Possibly not a good time to mention this, but a reminder that you can buy an advert free subscription to the forums from the account upgrades which will remove all adverts from the forums when you are logged on.

First saw it happening last night but during the day I browse using a PC. But definitely yesterday was the first time I'd seen it.

I'd be happy to help in tracking it down but I won't be on much today.

I have just turned off the AdSense mobile ads - it will probably take about an hour or so before this kicks in, but let me know if you continue to see problems after about 1pm.

I will have to switch them back on at some point and will need some help tracking down the rogue advert so if anyone is prepared to help with that let me know (I will add you to a usergroup that gets the adverts displayed again, then it will be a lot of trial and error trying to work out which one of the adverts is causing it.

Also could people please let me know when they first saw this as it may help to track things down.

Possibly not a good time to mention this, but a reminder that you can buy an advert free subscription to the forums from the account upgrades which will remove all adverts from the forums when you are logged on.

First happened to me either Wednesday or Thursday. Thought it was my iPhone settings until I saw the threads on here.

BUMP...didn't know about the account upgrade. Think it's well worth the tenner for the amount of time I spend on here.
Thanks for the site and publicise the upgrade more.

The fucks this shit, was meant to be commenting on summit else

It's only ever happened to me when I wasn't logged in but happens all the time when I'm browsing other sites on Safari

A lot of sites are suffering from it from what I can see. It comes disguised as an advert on Google AdSense, but as it redirects straight away, it is difficult to track down what the advert in question is.

Currently only displaying text adverts on mobiles on the site so it shouldn't be happening at the moment and I am trying my best to track down the advert with a test user but not seeing it, presumably because it is targeted at iPhones.

No, you wouldn't have as the ads have been turned off. But equally I haven't been making enough money to run the site :neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back