Anyone used car store before????

harmy

Striker
Looking for a new motor on evans halshaw and noticed cheaper cars are on cars store.

Any reason why these are cheaper deals?

They’re cheaper probably because they’re older, higher mileage or just generally in worse condition I assume. Never used them but would avoid EH and associated brands if at all possible.

Don't use Evans Halshaw. They're shite. Don't know about cars store.
Not had any probs in the past with them. Let me guess you bought a car it had problems and you thought you had more rights than the warranty? It's all al lottery with used cars no matter where you buy them. The newer you buy the better is generally good advice.

Back to my original question. Why are these part of evans halshaw?

Any other places recommendations then? I’ve always bought from evans halshaw with no issues for 20 years.

Back to my original question. Why are these part of evans halshaw?

Any other places recommendations then? I’ve always bought from evans halshaw with no issues for 20 years.
Could be part ex's they have took in as part of a sale and with used car prices still high they've realised they can make more money by selling them themselves instead of passing them on.

I bought a car from Car Store at Gateshead about 4 years ago..it’s closed now..the car was an absolute nightmare..the clutch snapped..bolts missing from the engine block causing it to lose power..the battery failed and the AA told me that the battery was the wrong one for that car..and a right carry on over the gearbox..they were trading under the Evans Halshaw umbrella at the time and whenever the car had to go in to sort these problems out..at Evans Halshaw Nissan on Wessington Way..I found the staff there..particularly one maintenance manager..rude..condescending and basically just money mad..they told me that a noise coming from the car was a broken gearbox and that a new one would cost £3,400..i told them i wasn’t paying it bearing in mind all the other issues..I got a second opinion off my mate who’s got a garage on the sheepfolds and it wasn’t the gearbox it was the wheel bearings..I complained to Nissan and was given £200 in compensation..I’ve had bad experiences with Evans Halshaw before..in 2009 i bought a new Qashqai and a couple of parts fell off it..i took it in and they wanted £150 to replace the parts..the manager i dealt with that day was the biggest arsehole I’ve ever met in my life..a smug condescending prick..I complained to Nissan and the parts and labour were done for free..there used to be a ‘Haters of Evans Halshaw’ Facebook group..speaks volumes about them.

I tired to buy a car from EH a few years ago and was unsuccessful, sounds like I dodged a bullet.

They wouldn't do any sort of deal.
They wouldn't take my car in part exchange as it was too old (10 years).
They wouldn't replace the rear tyres on the car I was buying as the 18 year old I was dealing with said most of the tread was over 2mm so they didn't need replacing.
I had to sit through all of the sales patter about special polishes and tyre insurance, when I tried to change the subject, he just carried on.
I watched about 3 people getting the same treatment and just leaving while I was there.

Never go back to any EH branch again.

I tired to buy a car from EH a few years ago and was unsuccessful, sounds like I dodged a bullet.

They wouldn't do any sort of deal.
They wouldn't take my car in part exchange as it was too old (10 years).
They wouldn't replace the rear tyres on the car I was buying as the 18 year old I was dealing with said most of the tread was over 2mm so they didn't need replacing.
I had to sit through all of the sales patter about special polishes and tyre insurance, when I tried to change the subject, he just carried on.
I watched about 3 people getting the same treatment and just leaving while I was there.

Never go back to any EH branch again.
:eek:

I know.
He went out twice with his little gauge and while he agreed that some of the tyre was illegal, most of it was over 2mm.
I pointed out that if I get stopped on the way home I doubt a policeman would be as understanding, they wouldn't budge.
My point that I was going to have to have the tyres replaces straight away was just shrugged off.
It was quite comical in the end, but I have spent a few years in the trade years ago and I thought that, if that's what they're like now, what are they going to be like in 3 months if something goes wrong.

When I did his job, if a guy asked for 2 new tyres and he'd buy the car I'd have snapped his hand off.
If my boss found out that I'd let a guy walk for the sake of a couple of cheap rear tyres, I'd have been in big trouble.

The problem is that salespeople at the larger dealers these days basically read off a screen and have no bargaining power.
I always had a few freebies I could chuck in as a punter always wants to feel as though they've got one over on you an walk out the bigger man.
Doesn't have to be much, a set of mats, valet kit, extra car tax, touch up pens etc just something to chuck in at the end to get the deal done.

I know.
He went out twice with his little gauge and while he agreed that some of the tyre was illegal, most of it was over 2mm.
I pointed out that if I get stopped on the way home I doubt a policeman would be as understanding, they wouldn't budge.
My point that I was going to have to have the tyres replaces straight away was just shrugged off.
It was quite comical in the end, but I have spent a few years in the trade years ago and I thought that, if that's what they're like now, what are they going to be like in 3 months if something goes wrong.

When I did his job, if a guy asked for 2 new tyres and he'd buy the car I'd have snapped his hand off.
If my boss found out that I'd let a guy walk for the sake of a couple of cheap rear tyres, I'd have been in big trouble.

The problem is that salespeople at the larger dealers these days basically read off a screen and have no bargaining power.
I always had a few freebies I could chuck in as a punter always wants to feel as though they've got one over on you an walk out the bigger man.
Doesn't have to be much, a set of mats, valet kit, extra car tax, touch up pens etc just something to chuck in at the end to get the deal done.
Our lass bought an expensive car at the merc garage up wessington way. As she was putting pen to paper she jokingly asked him to throw in one of the little merc teddy bears they had for sale. The salesman just snottily dismissed her with "no chance, everyone tries that on".

I was ready to get up and walk out of the place there and then, let the fcker lose his commission on a £60K + sale and he can shove the teddy bear up his shiny suited arse

I’m a bit sympathetic with EH and the like. Because of the internet there’s very low margin in used cars as everyone knows what the market floor is. This results in stack em high, sell them cheap and fast with minimal effort and no/little room for haggle.
The old days when they really looked after people was when people were paying for that service via price.
If you want the 5* treatment you need to buy a new one at screen price. Even then it can be a bit lacking, for the same reason that everyone knows the market floor.

Car Store is the budget and no frills arm of Evans Halshaw, whilst Stratstone is the Premium brand. Usually the cars here are maybe ones which could not be retailed as an approved used vehicle and the prices reflect this. Preparation standards are lower than EH. I know when I worked at EH we could not sell Car Store stock as they would need further work when they came to our site. You get what you pay for.

Back