Anyone owned an Aston Martin before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked a few years ago and you could get a good condition used db9 for £30k which seemed a bargain. I figured you could keep it for a year and sell it for the same price...bottled it in the end tho.

I saw an Aston Martin drive down a street in seaburn once, looks nice in what I assume is British Racing Green...
I used to live near a lad on dykelands Rd who worked for them and would bring the odd one back over night. I doubt his bosses would have been impressed with the way the bellend used to screw the tits off them when he pulled away.

I’ve never had a AM, but can confirm from experience on tasty cars, the servicing and parts kill you. If you’re buying a tidy car, especially a performance car, be prepared for the bills. A decent set of branded tyres on a nice beemer alone can set you back a few.

I found the exact opposite.

The Aston was like a souped up Mondeo and I was killing them in the Lambo out of the corners. The Aston felt plasticy and poorly built and lacked and real power
when you got it out onto the track. The Gallardo just had power to burn in every gear.

Cracking day out that!

I was impressed with the Gallardo, especially the ceramic brakes.

The passenger seat ride in the Vauxhall Monaro on the same day so impressed me that I went home and bought a BMW M5

I found the exact opposite.

The Aston was like a souped up Mondeo and I was killing them in the Lambo out of the corners. The Aston felt plasticy and poorly built and lacked and real power
when you got it out onto the track. The Gallardo just had power to burn in every gear.

Cracking day out that!

Fatha in law test drove one after loving them for years

Said he was gutted at how disappointed he was with the build etc

I was impressed with the Gallardo, especially the ceramic brakes.

The passenger seat ride in the Vauxhall Monaro on the same day so impressed me that I went home and bought a BMW M5

They were taking people out in the McLaren when I was there, unfortunately is was fully booked.
The noise that thing made heading to the track was awesome.

They were taking people out in the McLaren when I was there, unfortunately is was fully booked.
The noise that thing made heading to the track was awesome.

The Monaro was fairly impressive and resulted in 'a 16mpg V8 penis extension on the drive' to quote the cosmic wife.

If I'd arrived home with a 2 seat supercar she probably would've lopped it off, John Wayne Bobbit style.

I drove one, they are lovely but that engine is very old and heavy on maintenance.

I would buy a panamera turbo instead.

Your golf isn’t faster than an Aston Martin :D

Silly billy

Next you’ll be telling us you get more fanny in a golf than an Aston Martin.

James Bond will be wanting a golf
GTD for his company car.
Nearly bought the panamera hybrid but our lass didn’t like the bucket seats In the back for the kids.
Lovely car.
I've got a Jag XF at the minute. Great car but fancy a change.
Upgrade to xj
Lovely motor

Likewise, ended up with a Volvo :(

I traded in my lovely E Class for a 7 seater for the family and ended up with her Volvo.

Despite being fast for a 2.0 diesel and having all the nice toys, there was something annoying about the f*cking thing that I couldn't put my finger on.

So I traded that in too

A pal of mine had just completed a lucrative piece of work so bought a 7 year old Rapide a couple of years ago.

He got it from an Aston dealer so it came with a bullet proof warranty .

The bloody thing lived in that dealership for nigh on 6 months.

Electric windows
Rear door leakage
Boot opener
Etc

He still loved the car but was a bit disappointed with the quality issues.
This,

never owned one but a friend has had a few,unreliable expensive to repair etc old men’s cars.
I like the XJ but its a bit Queen Mum so after something a bit different.
What are you after?it sounds like a toy you want to get out now and then ?

things like Astons etc can’t be drove everyday as they end up getting on your tits.
I say you absolute bounder, put up your dukes and I'll give you a jolly good pasting.

Seriously though, Gosforth to Egremont by-pass and back I won both times. We would have done a third but there was no point and it was dark.

It's all about real world application of the performance and the Golf R will embarrass many cars that cost more than twice the price.
They are a boring car though tbh mate.

Last edited:
This,

never owned one but a friend has had a few,unreliable expensive to repair etc old men’s cars.

What are you after?it sounds like a toy you want to get out now and then ?

things like Astons etc can’t be drove everyday as they end up getting on your tits.
Im sure a GT like the Rapide would be fine as a daily driver and especially for the motorway miles I cover.

Was originally looking at the Maseratis, Granturismo and Quattroporte and the 911 and Panemera before that but think I've settled on the Rapide as something different.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no flush fucker, but I've done well at work this year, come out of a 13 year relationship and thought fuck it, why not.

Im sure a GT like the Rapide would be fine as a daily driver and especially for the motorway miles I cover.

Was originally looking at the Maseratis, Granturismo and Quattroporte and the 911 and Panemera before that but think I've settled on the Rapide as something different.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no flush fucker, but I've done well at work this year, come out of a 13 year relationship and thought fuck it, why not.

just go for it marra. Obviously your mind was made up before you started the thread

I’ve got a car Now of and had cars in the past that Ilk and it’s tiresome Driving them everyday.
Heads battered with that type of car after a couple of days;

still as fuck suspension

clunky at low speeds

rumble/noise of the exhaust and engine

All too tiresome for everyday driving,that’s why these cars have had loads of owners.

I’d get a Porsche Macan if I wanted a nice everyday car.
He’ll regret it

I’ve got a car Now of and had cars in the past that Ilk and it’s tiresome Driving them everyday.
Heads battered with that type of car after a couple of days;

still as fuck suspension

clunky at low speeds

rumble/noise of the exhaust and engine

All too tiresome for everyday driving,that’s why these cars have had loads of owners.

I’d get a Porsche Macan if I wanted a nice everyday car.

He’ll regret it
Bentley continental would sort all those

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back