Anyone on here ever jailbroken an iPad gen 1?

The default browser on old androids will load fuck all. TLS settings or some other unfathomable shit. The fix for my father in law was buying an iphone

What about if you install a different browser?

My HTC One is practically falling apart now but I can still watch YouTube vids on it and load every website I've tried to access with it. I don't see why a tablet should have any problems.

My HTC One is practically falling apart now but I can still watch YouTube vids on it and load every website I've tried to access with it. I don't see why a tablet should have any problems.

Technology moves on. I am shocked your htc works.

A new browser may work. If you can get one to support an older os

A 9 year model 1 of anything tech related will have a limited shelf life. Just accept it, put it in it's box and bring it out in 10 years time when you can sell it on ebay as a retro vintage item.

If so, what did you use or how did you do it?

My iPad is utter shite at everything. I can't install anything at all because it is running iOS 5.1.1, I can't visit most websites without Safari crashing! I can't even watch YouTube videos... It's a load of bollocks.

I'm lead to believe that it would be fine if I jailbroke it and installed a newer version of iOS. Is this even true or am I destined to own a piece of crap that is barely usable?

Buying a new one is not an option, nor is buying an android tablet or any other kind of tablet regardless of how cheap they are. This is the one I have. This is the only one I am going to have.

Thanks in advance.

P.
Did my old 1st or 2 gen one years ago iirc i used pangu

A 9 year model 1 of anything tech related will have a limited shelf life. Just accept it, put it in it's box and bring it out in 10 years time when you can sell it on ebay as a retro vintage item.

I'd like to think that a piece of hardware that works for a particular task on the day you buy it will still be capable of that same task for as long as the hardware continues to function. There's no need at all for this to stop allowing me to watch youtube videos for example when it was absolutely fine for that task 3 years ago. It's purely to try to make me buy a new one.

I'd like to think that a piece of hardware that works for a particular task on the day you buy it will still be capable of that same task for as long as the hardware continues to function. There's no need at all for this to stop allowing me to watch youtube videos for example when it was absolutely fine for that task 3 years ago. It's purely to try to make me buy a new one.
And ...?

Software changes constantly. So it evolves and hardware needs to change. And they can’t support every old config.

Electrical equipment isn’t like a spade.

Software changes constantly. So it evolves and hardware needs to change. And they can’t support every old config.

Electrical equipment isn’t like a spade.

Granted to an extent. I wouldn't expect to be able to run the latest tablet games using the latest clever graphics drivers for example. Streaming a YouTube video one day then finding out the next day you can't play the same video? Bullshittery.

Granted to an extent. I wouldn't expect to be able to run the latest tablet games using the latest clever graphics drivers for example. Streaming a YouTube video one day then finding out the next day you can't play the same video? Bullshittery.

It’s not to say YouTube has stopped supporting it. Not Apple.

YouTube change codecs all the time and can’t support all the old devices/technologies.

Bet you could. And the android world isn't so hung up on "you must have the latest OS to install anything" as Apple is.

Not sure thats so true. My Galaxy S3 died this year, but before that it was getting increasingly hard to find apps that would still run on it. I guess it must have been 6 or 7 years old?

Not sure thats so true. My Galaxy S3 died this year, but before that it was getting increasingly hard to find apps that would still run on it. I guess it must have been 6 or 7 years old?

Like I said earlier in the thread, my HTC One still works fine despite it practically falling apart physically. I'm sure the S3 was the other phone I was considering when I bought it.

Back