Anyone on here ever jailbroken an iPad gen 1?

fyl2u

Striker
If so, what did you use or how did you do it?

My iPad is utter shite at everything. I can't install anything at all because it is running iOS 5.1.1, I can't visit most websites without Safari crashing! I can't even watch YouTube videos... It's a load of bollocks.

I'm lead to believe that it would be fine if I jailbroke it and installed a newer version of iOS. Is this even true or am I destined to own a piece of crap that is barely usable?

Buying a new one is not an option, nor is buying an android tablet or any other kind of tablet regardless of how cheap they are. This is the one I have. This is the only one I am going to have.

Thanks in advance.

P.

I honestly would not bother. The A4 chip in the iPad came out over 8 years ago and stopped production over 5 years ago. I don't know if you can, but your better off going the other way and installing ios 3 or something like that, you'll not be able to use more than safari and possible youtube because no apps will support that old an OS.

I honestly would not bother. The A4 chip in the iPad came out over 8 years ago and stopped production over 5 years ago. I don't know if you can, but your better off going the other way and installing ios 3 or something like that, you'll not be able to use more than safari and possible youtube because no apps will support that old an OS.

I can't see that being any better. I'm already in the position that I can't watch YouTube vids or use more than safari.

Back