Anyone know the England Squad for the Australia odis and T20s

not on what we have seen so far

He seems to get a lot of praise for doing very little

I am usually totally against the conspiracy stuff, but there is absoltuely zero chance he would get picked for England if he played for Derby or Leicester

He has heart, bottle, and can bat, but he is a lucky lad

I mean Willey was one of our main bowlers for 4 years yet didnt get in the world cup squad and this lad did

Willey's face clearly doesnt fit

Has quite a few variations can bowl a good yorker, bowled alright last night I thought. Mahmood is the one who shouldn't have been in the squad

From what I'd heard, I expected Mahmood to be quite nippy and skiddy. Unfortunately from what I've seen so far, he's just another fast-medium with nothing exceptional in his locker. Certainly doesn't look international class at the moment.

Gregory is the most baffling selection for me, the epitome of a solid county pro but will never be international class. File him alongside Dougie Brown, Matthew Fleming, Vince Wells etc.

I'm confused by the white ball selection since the World Cup if I'm honest. They are blooding some players and I understand that, but Denly and Gregory in particular simply cannot be part of any medium term plan. Willey is so unlucky, he's fallen to about 10th choice now behind Gregory, Tom Curran and Mahmood.

Last edited:
From what I'd heard, I expected Mahmood to be quite nippy and skiddy. Unfortunately from what I've seen so far, he's just another fast-medium with nothing exceptional in his locker. Certainly doesn't look international class at the moment.

Gregory is the most baffling selection for me, the epitome of a solid county pro but will never be international class. File him alongside Dougie Brown, Matthew Fleming, Vince Wells etc.
Astonishingly has 269 first class wickets at 25.50

Astonishingly has 269 first class wickets at 25.50

Hardly a surprise when so many county games are now played in April and September. Look at the likes of Darren Stevens, David Masters, Alan Richardson and countless others over recent years. Great at what they do, but take them out of the English overcast conditions and they will trouble no one.

Has quite a few variations can bowl a good yorker, bowled alright last night I thought. Mahmood is the one who shouldn't have been in the squad

aye think they’re trying to shoehorn the lad in, by all accounts he’s a red ball bowler

doesn’t look at international level yet
Hardly a surprise when so many county games are now played in April and September. Look at the likes of Darren Stevens, David Masters, Alan Richardson and countless others over recent years. Great at what they do, but take them out of the English overcast conditions and they will trouble no one.

I think that’s a bit harsh

they are very good cricketers

England does produce all types of bowlers

produced stokes, wood, Jimmy, broad for starters

Last edited:
aye think they’re trying to shoehorn the lad in, by all accounts he’s a red ball bowler

doesn’t look at international level yet

I think that’s a bit harsh

they are very good cricketers

England does produce all types of bowlers

produced stokes, wood, Jimmy, broad for starters

The 4 you have mentioned are in a different realm to the likes of Lewis Gregory though and they have all something different. Pace, bounce, ability to reverse, hit the deck hard, swing it round corners..

Yes he's one of those bowlers that can hide when it's flat, so the average always looks way better. If you look at how many wickets he has in his FC career versus games it tells a different story.

England's selections seem very muddled, like they've basically seen enough of some players so they're just trying out others, whilst trying to play Moeen and Rashid into form. All of a sudden the media are loving Moeen because he scored his first 60odd for 3 years. His tally this summer is still 1 wicket in 30odd overs and 71 runs in 5 innings. I'd like to see a bit more of what other spinners can offer rather than trying to massage their fragile egos - what if Moeen decides he wants another break?

Yes he's one of those bowlers that can hide when it's flat, so the average always looks way better. If you look at how many wickets he has in his FC career versus games it tells a different story.

England's selections seem very muddled, like they've basically seen enough of some players so they're just trying out others, whilst trying to play Moeen and Rashid into form. All of a sudden the media are loving Moeen because he scored his first 60odd for 3 years. His tally this summer is still 1 wicket in 30odd overs and 71 runs in 5 innings. I'd like to see a bit more of what other spinners can offer rather than trying to massage their fragile egos - what if Moeen decides he wants another break?

Moeen is very lucky to still be around the squad of late IMO. Let's hope that yesterday is the sign of a return to form for him but at 33, with a prolonged run of bad form and generally inconsistent performances throughout his England career, I won't hold my breath.

Back