Anyone know the England Squad for the Australia odis and T20s

I really hope that Root is just not in the squad to get some games for Yorkshire

laughable if not, Billings ahead of Root man?

Root is a world class player in all formats

Billings ahead of Bairstow Roy malan Morgan buttler or stokes?

Stokes isn’t in the squad
I really hope that Root is just not in the squad to get some games for Yorkshire

Finally we agree on something. I’d be spitting if I was our test captain and was dropped and someone thought Ali, Denly and Billings were all better options than me

Denly and Banton. Roots record in T20 is excellent, he was our best batsman at the last world cup. Just seems odd he's fallen out of favour in this format

Personally when everyone fit and available, I would play Banton ahead of Root, just my personal hunch, as think he will be a future star in that format

I would go top 3 of Roy,Banton,Bairstow, and tell all 3 to play their natural game and blast it

With 4,5,6 Morgan, Stokes, Buttler, all of them 3 are capabale of adapting their game to suit any situation, if them top 3 don't come off, they experienced enough to adapt their game accordingly and if them top 3 do come off, all of them 3 can just continue to blast it as brilliant at that as well, think that top 6 would be really exciting myself.

Root although of course brilliant player, does not now have the destructive capablity of them other 6 imo, and although tough, its nice to be able to leave someone one of his obvious quality out of the side, shows how strong our batting now is in that format.

Last edited:
Personally when everyone fit and available, I would play Banton ahead of Root, just my personal hunch, as think he will be a future star in that format

I would go top 3 of Roy,Banton,Bairstow, and tell all 3 to play their natural game and blast it

With 4,5,6 Morgan, Stokes, Buttler, all of them 3 are capabale of adapting their game to suit any situation, if them top 3 don't come off, they experienced enough to adapt their game accordingly and if them top 3 do come off, all of them 3 can just continue to blast it as brilliant at that as well, think that top 6 would be really exciting myself.

Root although of course brilliant player, does not now have the destructive capablity of them other 6 imo, and although tough, its nice to be able to leave someone one of his obvious quality out of the side, shows how strong our batting now is in that format.

Banton is a talent but not as good as Root, again just look at his record and I'd hazard a guess it will be better than anyone else in the squad. Our highest run scorer last t20 world cup, 3rd highest in the tournament just looks silly leaving him out. Watch his knock against South Africa when we chased 230 if people don't think he can score quick enough.

Banton is a talent but not as good as Root, again just look at his record and I'd hazard a guess it will be better than anyone else in the squad. Our highest run scorer last t20 world cup, 3rd highest in the tournament just looks silly leaving him out. Watch his knock against South Africa when we chased 230 if people don't think he can score quick enough.

Yeah of course all of them very good points, like I said just my personal hunch, the last world cup was 4 years ago, and T20 batsman are improving and evolving all the time T20 is a young man's game and a fearless one.

They is no way I would argue that Banton is as good as Root as you talking about one of our best batsman ever against somebody just starting in the game.

However I would argue we would need Root to bat through the game, and others players play around him if we did not have a strong batting order.

But I actually think we have a brilliant T20 batting line up where we can just tell our top 3 to blast knowing we have enough cover as explained in my previous post.

And think the 3 I mentioned in Bairstow, Roy and Banton can destroy attacks, that not to say Root cant score quick he can, but imo not as quick or as big as them other 3.

I do think its not always about overall records though, and more about current form, confidence and capabality to score at a brilliant strike rate in T20.

Last edited:
Yeah of course all of them very good points, like I said just my personal hunch, the last world cup was 4 years ago, and T20 batsman are improving and evolving all the time T20 is a young man's game and a fearless one.

They is no way I would argue that Banton is as good as Root as you talking about one of our best batsman ever against somebody just starting in the game.

However I would argue we would need Root to bat through the game, and others players play around him if we did not have a strong batting order.

But I actually think we have a brilliant T20 batting line up where we can just tell our top 3 to blast knowing we have enough cover as explained in my previous post.

And think the 3 I mentioned in Bairstow, Roy and Banton can destroy attacks, that not to say Root cant score quick he can, but imo not as quick or as big as them other 3.

I do think its not always about overall records though, and more about current form, confidence and capabality to score at a brilliant strike rate in T20.

Yeah fair enough. Don't really have an issue with Banton hes gonna be a star but seeing Denly and Billings ahead of Root is ridiculous. If it is because they want him to keep playing for Yorkshire then fair enough surely they dont see those 2 as better options. They seem to want Buttler at 3 which I dont agree with, he is probably the best finisher in white ball cricket right now doesn't need to bat at 3

Yeah fair enough. Don't really have an issue with Banton hes gonna be a star but seeing Denly and Billings ahead of Root is ridiculous. If it is because they want him to keep playing for Yorkshire then fair enough surely they dont see those 2 as better options. They seem to want Buttler at 3 which I dont agree with, he is probably the best finisher in white ball cricket right now doesn't need to bat at 3

Yeah agree there was a time when Buttler opened in the IPL and was superb that I thought he could and should open for England, however with Banton, Roy and Bairstow ,there is no need anymore and we should just leave him as a finisher.

Yeah no one could seriously see Denly and Billings as better options than Root

Last edited:
Absolutely baffled by Willey's omission. Moeen Ali keeps his place despite pressure to rest him.

Not sure what the selectors are thinking with these and one or two other selections.

I’m hoping it’s just to get him game time for Yorkshire. If he’s just not selected whilst Denly and Billings are it’s a joke

Completely agree.

Extremely harsh that Malan may not even have a starting spot
Absolutely

just noticed that Willey is in the squad? Shocked by that

Love Morgan, but he is getting it wrong here

I’d have Willey over Sam Curran. Some strange selections

Last edited:

Back