Anyone got this cold virus from Hell?

Had covid at Christmas, was ill till end of Jan, started improving slightly then last Monday copped a heavy cold for 3 days that subsided, then out if nowhere this morning, an annoying constant tickly cough appeared and I'm coughing up phlegm for fun 🤒

It’s a bastard.
Totally floored me..I know what a wimp.
Streaming nose and eyes, banging headache.
Can’t get any kip when you lie down.
Maybe it’s just me….
Had it on/off since new year. Had to tolerate a swollen gland in my neck recently. New year floored me then got it again a few weeks ago. Sick of it now

Anyone else with arm
And shoulder aches?
Aye me. I had a bad head felt like shit over new years and ended up pghlemy for 5 weeks before getting pains in my chest. I ended up at the GP who said I had costochondritis . About a week ago I ended up with massive pains down my shoulders and into my arms so I went to the Q.E and they found nowt wrong. All quite weird tbh

Aye me. I had a bad head felt like shit over new years and ended up pghlemy for 5 weeks before getting pains in my chest. I ended up at the GP who said I had costochondritis . About a week ago I ended up with massive pains down my shoulders and into my arms so I went to the Q.E and they found nowt wrong. All quite weird tbh
Some good bargains there though, so look on the bright side

Better now?

I'm on to my 4th cold since New year's. The pghelm is endless chest feels tight and heads absolutely banging. This is after having a course of Antibiotics just 2 weeks ago

I'm on to my 4th cold since New year's. The pghelm is endless chest feels tight and heads absolutely banging. This is after having a course of Antibiotics just 2 weeks ago
Snap.
I've had about a week without illness since the new year but the rest of the time I've been completely fucked.

Course of antibiotics for a chest infection two weeks ago and it's still lingering and just won't fuck off.

Can't actually remember what it's like not to have some sort of illness/cold

Snap.
I've had about a week without illness since the new year but the rest of the time I've been completely fucked.

Course of antibiotics for a chest infection two weeks ago and it's still lingering and just won't fuck off.

Can't actually remember what it's like not to have some sort of illness/cold
Exactly the same as me mate . Got my head done in . I feel shite enough with the chest and pghlem never mind the banging headaches and dizziness

Was given Amoxcillin and Prendisilone yesterday, Been on and off this for about 6 months.

Annoying as out, floored when I do cardio and I often wake up in the middle of the night with a tight chest and wheezing, Only an inhaler seems to calm it down.

I am sure that since Covid19 people are much more conscious of all the colds and flu that are going around. Obviously those who are unfortunate to be suffering can hardly be unaware of it but people in general seem to be taking much more notice of who's got what and what the symptoms are.

Those who are suffering have my sympathy and hopefully will have a speedy recovery.

Got a small sniffle one starting just on time for my week off next week
Had the death cough all January

Was given Amoxcillin and Prendisilone yesterday, Been on and off this for about 6 months.

Annoying as out, floored when I do cardio and I often wake up in the middle of the night with a tight chest and wheezing, Only an inhaler seems to calm it down.
I'm easily out of breath also just even doing my day to day job . Maybe I should ask for a course of steroids as its gone on for quite a while.
Been to the walk-in and ended up with doxycyline and some nasal spray he reckons iv got sinusitis

Last edited:
Been ill for about 10 days now and despite feeling better than I did last week (when I was off work) there’s been no progress for a while. Wake up every day with a blocked nose and terrible cough, the latter has actually got worse in the last 24 hours. Think it might be a chest infection, have been coughing up yellow phlegm in the morning. Done 2 negative Covid tests.

My latest grandchildren (twins) 8 weeks old and premature have been in and out of hospital with mucus buildup from it, currently in Manchester royal children hospital as the Victoria in Blackpool doesn’t have the facilities required.

Back