Anyone going to the match from around Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Ipswich area?

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by Bangkok Blackcat, May 22, 2019.

1. If so How are you getting there? If it's rail what time are you leaving on Sunday morning?

2. Barista

Barista Subs Bench

We're probably getting the 11.22 from Cambridge non-stop arrives in KX at 12.09

3. So straight to Wembley then?

4. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

Probably the same for me. That or the 10:22.

5. Barista

Barista Subs Bench

Wife and daughter will be wanting to get something to eat at KX/St Pancras as it it will a lot easier than around Wembley. Then get Metropolitan tube to Wembley Park.

6. Darlo1973

Darlo1973 Midfield

I will be on the train from Cambridge on Saturday morning (don't know which one, I have a open return booked). Wouldn't want to be late...

7. Barista

Barista Subs Bench

Certainly won't be late if you go on Sat:)

8. Keith S30S

Keith S30S Inside right Staff Member Contributor

I've booked a table (again) upstairs in O'Niell's for breakfast at 11.30 on the Sunday.

The pub was chocka for the Checkatrade but it was half empty upstairs. We had breakfast and a beer, very good. Then we got another beer and took it downstairs to meet the lads.

Drop them an email and Jackie will get back to you.

kingscross@oneills.co.uk

squashjoe likes this.
  9. Barista

Barista Subs Bench

Cheers for that

10. Darlo1973

Darlo1973 Midfield

Of course that depends on how the Saturday drinking goes.

I just thought that with it being a Bank Holiday weekend and I have nothing better to do then I might as well go down on the Saturday rather than being stuck at home (though it does mean I will miss the Cambridge beer festival on Saturday).

11. Barista

Barista Subs Bench

Yes, I've never understood why the beer festival doesn't continue through to the Bank Holiday Monday

12. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

I think it mostly gives CAMRA's volunteers a chance to spend the Sunday/Monday clearing up.

13. Beau Peep

Beau Peep Midfield

10.55 Cambridge to Kings Cross and Metropolitan line to Wembley Park. I have to get the slow one though as I live in the villages. More drinking time I suppose.

Just £10.35 with railcard :cool:

No engineering works affecting us this weekend. (Some diversions into Liverpool Street meaning it'll take fucking ages to get there... which is entirely normal)

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  14. Decided on the 10.24 from Bury via Ely gets me in at 12.09

15. Darlo1973

Darlo1973 Midfield

Actually, if I'm not in a rush then I prefer the Cambridge to Liverpool St line. At least you are sure of a seat and you can get some really cheap advance tickets. The Cambridge-KX non-stopper is always heaving, even on a Sunday evening.