Anyone going to the match from around Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Ipswich area?

Wife and daughter will be wanting to get something to eat at KX/St Pancras as it it will a lot easier than around Wembley. Then get Metropolitan tube to Wembley Park.

I've booked a table (again) upstairs in O'Niell's for breakfast at 11.30 on the Sunday.

The pub was chocka for the Checkatrade but it was half empty upstairs. We had breakfast and a beer, very good. Then we got another beer and took it downstairs to meet the lads.

Drop them an email and Jackie will get back to you.

[email protected]

I've booked a table (again) upstairs in O'Niell's for breakfast at 11.30 on the Sunday.

The pub was chocka for the Checkatrade but it was half empty upstairs. We had breakfast and a beer, very good. Then we got another beer and took it downstairs to meet the lads.

Drop them an email and Jackie will get back to you.

[email protected]
Cheers for that

Certainly won't be late if you go on Sat:)

Of course that depends on how the Saturday drinking goes.

I just thought that with it being a Bank Holiday weekend and I have nothing better to do then I might as well go down on the Saturday rather than being stuck at home (though it does mean I will miss the Cambridge beer festival on Saturday).

Of course that depends on how the Saturday drinking goes.

I just thought that with it being a Bank Holiday weekend and I have nothing better to do then I might as well go down on the Saturday rather than being stuck at home (though it does mean I will miss the Cambridge beer festival on Saturday).
Yes, I've never understood why the beer festival doesn't continue through to the Bank Holiday Monday

10.55 Cambridge to Kings Cross and Metropolitan line to Wembley Park. I have to get the slow one though as I live in the villages. More drinking time I suppose.

Just £10.35 with railcard :cool:

No engineering works affecting us this weekend. (Some diversions into Liverpool Street meaning it'll take f***ing ages to get there... which is entirely normal)

Last edited:
10.55 Cambridge to Kings Cross and Metropolitan line to Wembley Park. I have to get the slow one though as I live in the villages. More drinking time I suppose.

Just £10.35 with railcard :cool:

No engineering works affecting us this weekend. (Some diversions into Liverpool Street meaning it'll take f***ing ages to get there... which is entirely normal)

Actually, if I'm not in a rush then I prefer the Cambridge to Liverpool St line. At least you are sure of a seat and you can get some really cheap advance tickets. The Cambridge-KX non-stopper is always heaving, even on a Sunday evening.

Back