Anyone ever been bitten by a spider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

So I woke up on Monday morning at about 2am with a start, sweating, shivering, aching muscles. Went and laid down in the lounge and didn’t really get much sleep but at least I didn’t interrupt the other half too much.

fast forward to the next day, my knuckles have these two weird, itchy red marks and my hand seems a bit swollen, nowt too bad just irritating and itchy as.

Wednesday though...hand like the f***ing tango man :lol: the two little red marks are now blistery rock hard things oozing occasionally and I’m still feeling rough as buzzards nuts.

went to the docs today, and I figured I’d maybe brushed up against something my skin didn’t like and possibly had flu at the same time...but no. Some f***ing 8 legged bastard took chunks out of me and at the same time decided I deserved a good poisoning :lol:

anyone else ever had owt like this? I feel like James Bond, getting spidered and that in bed.

I hate spiders, absolutely terrified of them....I was always of the opinion it was irrational in this country as they couldn't harm me, reading your post has freaked me right out, don't know how I will react next time I see one....Cheers....

I hate spiders, absolutely terrified of them....I was always of the opinion it was irrational in this country as they couldn't harm me, reading your post has freaked me right out, don't know how I will react next time I see one....Cheers....

Nothing 'irrational' about it. We are predisposed to fear due to our biological instincts as they can cause significant harm. Our evolutionary make up does not allow for differentiating between harmful and unharmful species.

Nothing 'irrational' about it. We are predisposed to fear due to our biological instincts as they can cause significant harm. Our evolutionary make up does not allow for differentiating between harmful and unharmful species.
What a very sensible post.
how is the little soldier,, has he made it through the night ?
Gone to check on his Uncle Ben.
They're beautiful. I saw some in India.
Always knew there was summit not reet about you.

Last edited:
:lol: nice to see there’s someone even more scared of them than me! At least I now have a valid excuse
how is the little soldier,, has he made it through the night ?
Still not sticking to walls or shooting webs or any other allegory for teenage wanking.

Years ago I tried to catch a grasshopper, was convinced I'd got it but when I opened up my clasped hands sadly there was nowt there. Walked around the rest of the day with a strange buzzing, itching sensation in my armpit.

Got home that night, took off my t-shirt and inspected said armpit in the mirror to discover the grasshopper tangled up in me pit hair :lol: :lol:
Hahahaha

Was it at the place between Siem Reap and Pnomh Penn just off the motorway?

I was there in 2019, didn't eat any spiders though.
It was in siem reap itself mate, guy was selling cock roaches, scorpions, crickets, spiders etc from a stall.
Tell us more marra. I'm planning to go to Komodo Island whenever things get back to normal.
When I went mate it was easy, rock up, buy a live goat and go out to feed the dragons,all that has stopped, its quite expensive to go to komodo nowadays so I have been told, but the dragons are on three islands, rinca, flores and komodo, they swim between islands.
Just checked, 1000 dollars 🙂
Logon or register to see this image
Tell us more marra. I'm planning to go to Komodo Island whenever things get back to normal.
Earthquake yesterday mate, Mindanao, all the residents in Davao got this TXT message, my mates a brit and was panicking at the prospect of a tsunami.

Last edited:
It was in siem reap itself mate, guy was selling cock roaches, scorpions, crickets, spiders etc from a stall.

When I went mate it was easy, rock up, buy a live goat and go out to feed the dragons,all that has stopped, its quite expensive to go to komodo nowadays so I have been told, but the dragons are on three islands, rinca, flores and komodo, they swim between islands.
Just checked, 1000 dollars 🙂
Logon or register to see this image

Earthquake yesterday mate, Mindanao, all the residents in Davao got this TXT message, my mates a brit and was panicking at the prospect of a tsunami.

I saw that, worrying times. As far as I'm aware there was no major damage thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back