Anyone else like to go to matches when they are away?

TikaTakaTico

Goalkeeper
Was lucky enough to attend Godoy Cruz vs. Sarmiento in the Argentine Primera División last Monday.
Was pretty nuts, hooliganism outside (you could see over the top of the bowl), I got some videos of stone chucking and riot police firing rubber bullets. Then place was covered in flares and smoke after Godoy won. Was an incredible atmosphere (unrelated to the fighting, which was all outside), whichever mad considering there was probably only about 10-15000 there, half the stadium was closed off. I was sat with the Bovril (equivalent, they had Mate) brigade.
I also feel we should sign Tomás Badaloni, 23 yr old striker, got four in seven starts so far. And that Ferreyra who was at the mags came off the bench for Sarmiento.

But yeah as the title- who trys to go and see a local game when they are away? And which ones are your highlights?

Last edited:

Would have gone if either of the Funchal teams were playing at home last week, but alas one played on the Friday night before we got there and the other played on the Sunday after we left!

Went to a UD Lanzarote match a few years back. Was good fun. My daughter was asked to be a mascot and was on the pitch holding hands with a Spanish footballer. I was jealous of her like.

Only done it once when away Sparta Prague v FC Teplice but really enjoyed the experience

Made our own way to the ground on the Saturday night. We just followed where could see the floodlights on. We had a few drinks in a bar near the ground barmaid didn’t speak a word of English 😂 The match itself was quite poor quality so drinking in our seat helped also in the stand next to the Ultras area … And Sparta won with a late winner 1-0 Think we celebrated more than the locals 😀 Crowd was about 8,000

Not anything as mental as OP but been to a few on stag dos - Benfica and Prague.

Was in Madrid for the derby with Atletico last year and managed to get a ticket. Thought it might be a weird experience going on my own but it was class.
I'm booked to go to the Costa Blanca in July and am hoping to take in a couple of matches while there.
But nee cvnt'll tell me where they are being played
The times of Spanish games seem to change closer to the event as well so you can never be certain

Last edited:
Was lucky enough to attend Godoy Cruz vs. Sarmiento in the Argentine Primera División last Monday.
Was pretty nuts, hooliganism outside (you could see over the top of the bowl), I got some videos of stone chucking and riot police firing rubber bullets. Then place was covered in flares and smoke after Godoy won. Was an incredible atmosphere (unrelated to the fighting, which was all outside), whichever mad considering there was probably only about 10-15000 there, half the stadium was closed off. I was sat with the Bovril (equivalent, they had Mate) brigade.
I also feel we should sign Tomás Badaloni, 23 yr old striker, got four in seven starts so far. And that Ferreyra who was at the mags came off the bench for Sarmiento.

But yeah as the title- who trys to go and see a local game when they are away? And which ones are your highlights?
I thought the "Bovril Brigade" was the name of their Ultras or Hooligan Firm at first there... Hahaha.

Used to wrok regularly in Sweden so when over there the lads I worked with would sometimes take me out to a local match ..

Been to see Gothenburg, Ogryte, AIK Stockholm and Malmo .. .

Was in the away end at AIK to see them play Malmo. Their fans that day never stopped singing .

Just a couple on stag dos. Düsseldorf & Beerschot.

Düsseldorf was canny, match wasn’t great like.

Beerschot I ended up on my todd, pissed, they went 1-0 down, I couldn’t get a pint cos I wasn’t a member. Left at half time & went to meet me dad back at the pub.

Was in Rome last week when the Roma/Lazio derby was on. Really fancied it but presumed it would be as hard to get a ticket as us v the mags .

Went to a Slovan Bratislava game last year and travelled to see Granada play when I was in Málaga for a few days in November.

Anyone recommend UD Arrecife. I'm planning a visit v Yaiza, their local rivals.on

Back