Anyone been to Essen in Germany?

I'm not going there but was watching a second world war documentary which showed that the allies had bombed the hell out of the place.

With it being twinned with Sunderland since, I was just wondering if anyone had visited and what the city was like

Thanks all for replying

Had a student from Essen at our place for a month earlier this year. Think three of them came over and had placements at different companies with the cities being twinned.

Once had a German student on placement for a couple of weeks. When the placement was over, he thanked me politely, did a little bow and clicked his heels. I was quite surprised as I only thought that they did that in the films.

Once had a German student on placement for a couple of weeks. When the placement was over, he thanked me politely, did a little bow and clicked his heels. I was quite surprised as I only thought that they did that in the films.
:lol:

Ours was very polite, and very much the straight talker. Thanked us for the placement and said it made her realise she never wants to work in an office :neutral:

Back