Any posties on here...

Hypothetical question. Suppose you stuck a tenner stamp on a parcel and then made a mistake with the address, this means that you would have to buy another stamp.

Putting sellotape over the stamps makes it impossible to reuse them, franked or not.

I'd just sellotape a new address label over the old one if that happened. However i tend to put the stamp on last, so any mistakes would be sorted before the stamp goes on.

Actually, why would an organisation as large as Bradford Council be using stamps? Thought places like that wouldve had a franking machine.

He said that wasn't the issue. He said you're not allowed to cut stamps off other envelopes, even if they haven't been used.

If they had been through the system before they would have been franked. So then if you cut them off the envelope and stick them on with sellotape you would still see the frank mark. These were brand new.
Aye,but if they had selotape before on and were used was my point.

Anyway,good luck with it.

I'd just sellotape a new address label over the old one if that happened. However i tend to put the stamp on last, so any mistakes would be sorted before the stamp goes on.

Actually, why would an organisation as large as Bradford Council be using stamps? Thought places like that wouldve had a franking machine.
This is the Asset Management team, maybe only the main civic centre has a franking machine?

can clear this up?

Bradford City Council had to post me out a couple of keys (work related). Instead of the postie delivering them he stuck a postcard through my door saying that the sender hadn't put enough postage on and I had to pay £2.
I drove to the sorting office and paid the £2, when I got the letter it did have the stamps on but they had been cut off another envelope - but they were obviously unused and not franked. I pointed this out to the bloke behind the counter and he just repeated that you're not allowed to reuse stamps. I showed him that they hadn't been used and he said it didn't matter, you're not allowed to cut them off another letter.

I had a meeting with the council lass today and mentioned it - she said they'd stuck the keys in an envelope but thought it might rip so cut the stamps off and sellotaped them to the padded envelope. She said that all stamps have to be signed out so it would have been a pain in the arse to get another couple.

Would I have a case in a small claims court?
What exactly needs clearing up?

What about my time and fuel? I'm a busy man man.

You could see they hadn't been franked, and the postie agreed. I told him that there was no reason for anyone working for the council to fuck about reusing stamps.
The council is rife for this type of thing. The black market for stamps stolen from the workplace is worth billions. :lol:

Blame the shithouses who abuse the system meaning that common sense, logic and a persons word has to be taken out of the equation, otherwise the system will be abused more.

I reckon millions will be lost to stamp fraud each year.

can clear this up?

Bradford City Council had to post me out a couple of keys (work related). Instead of the postie delivering them he stuck a postcard through my door saying that the sender hadn't put enough postage on and I had to pay £2.
I drove to the sorting office and paid the £2, when I got the letter it did have the stamps on but they had been cut off another envelope - but they were obviously unused and not franked. I pointed this out to the bloke behind the counter and he just repeated that you're not allowed to reuse stamps. I showed him that they hadn't been used and he said it didn't matter, you're not allowed to cut them off another letter.

I had a meeting with the council lass today and mentioned it - she said they'd stuck the keys in an envelope but thought it might rip so cut the stamps off and sellotaped them to the padded envelope. She said that all stamps have to be signed out so it would have been a pain in the arse to get another couple.

Would I have a case in a small claims court?
I had to send a blood sample via post after i was identified as a potential bone marrow match. The docs asked me to drop it off in the post office, when I got there there wasnt enough stamps on the fucker so they made me pay about 4 f***ing quid :lol:

I didn't get called back either :neutral:

Back