Any one gone through Durham key options for homelessness

crazydiamond

Reserve Squad
Wondering what the wait time is to be housed, for Mother and 2 children under 16, sofa surfing. Band 2, but , after 2 weeks go to band 1. Can only bid on 2 bed houses.
Application date 7/12/2023, priority date 11/1/2024. Thanks , if anyone has been or knows of anyone, who has been through DKO.

Last edited:

Wondering what the wait time is to be housed, for Mother and 2 children under 16, sofa surfing. Band 2, but , after 2 weeks go to band 1. Can only bid on 2 bed houses.
Application date 7/12/2023, priority date 11/1/2024. Thanks , if anyone has been or knows of anyone, who has been through DKO.
Somebody must know, surely 😎

I've been through Durham KO but not as a single mother

It was a canny while ago as well so my memory is foggy

I did end up complaining though as it was taking forever with absolutely no contact and I needed to move so stated reasons relating to my wellbeing which did hasten things

Little help except to bump the thread again I guess

All depends how many people are on band 1 and how many have been waiting longer.

From speaking with people in the past generally around 2 allocation cycles, so 2 weeks for an offer. Don’t apply for anything that you aren’t going to accept as you lose priority if you turn it down.

Call individual Housing Associations as some are not solely reliant on choice based lettings systems and can do direct lets. With it being Durham would suggest contacting Karbon Homes, Livin, Believe Housing, Home Group.

Check on eligibility for 3 beds too. You say there are 2 kids under 16, what gender are they? Some organisations policy will state that boy and girl can share the same bedroom up until 10yrs old but would need their own bedroom afterwards.

Good luck marra

Went through it last year once we were on band 1 it still took a month or two.
I was bidding on houses on band 1 and still in 10th.
My landlord decided to sell the house we were in and gave us a section 21.
Was stressful at the time but in a better house and cheaper now.

Went through it last year once we were on band 1 it still took a month or two.
I was bidding on houses on band 1 and still in 10th.
My landlord decided to sell the house we were in and gave us a section 21.
Was stressful at the time but in a better house and cheaper now.
Can i ask what 10 th was ? How many houses did you bid for ??

Can i ask what 10 th was ? How many houses did you bid for ??
means there was still 9 people in front of us.
I knew the areas where I would move to and we probably could of got a house sooner if I went anywhere but luckily my former landlord was sound and when the section 21 was up didn’t push us until we got somewhere we wanted.

means there was still 9 people in front of us.
I knew the areas where I would move to and we probably could of got a house sooner if I went anywhere but luckily my former landlord was sound and when the section 21 was up didn’t push us until we got somewhere we wanted.
Sorry to be a pain, but was that time from application or from priority date?

Back