Any memories of Pzazz?

Paul the bouncer....what a wanker.

Ooo-er...
Another gobshite bouncer was Gordon. Used to give it the big “ I am! “ and offered a Shields bouncer out.
Sadly for Gordon, but to the delight of many who saw it, his self styled reputation as the hard man of Castletown didn’t seem to impress the bloke from Shields and Gordon got bounced up and down Holmeside like a rubber ball.

Only went in once on a fri or sat night must have been in ‘98. Only stayed about half an hour and left as thought it was a shithole and the crowd were feral :lol:
Snob :lol:
The best summer ever for me was '96. The town was absolutely rammed every weekend and Pzazz was just bursting full. During that Euro '96 period that place was just mad. Remember the Saturday night after we had beat Spain in the quarter finals on the afternoon, the whole town was electric that night. One of the best nights ever down the town. Pzazz was mental that night, bodies everywhere:lol:

Last edited:
One of the biggest bell ends that i worked on the door there with was old John. He was a tit.
His son was an even bigger tit. He would come in and try to hoy his weight around just coz his dad was on the door. I had to have many a word with him.
Old Tommy in the toilets was class though.
I remember Davy Irving was getting me in for nowt when I was 17 (1996) and John said I couldn't come in. Davy went off it and John shit himself, I got in like.

They were still doing the rounds last time I bothered to look. The standout was the lass who took two blokes on at the same time, then came back with a different bloke an hour later ( as per the time stamp ).
I thought the cctv was leaked from Sunderland Council security blokes? Could well be wrong tbf.
Aye possibly.

I started working there in 94 when it was still Bentleys.
There used to be a pool table on the left when you walked in...I was like are you joking? Ready made weapons when it kicks off. It changed to Pzazz around 6 months later.

Back