Any FaceApp users on here?

Using "FaceApp"? Here's a few things you should know
FaceApp -
  • requires your Facebook login -receives your name, profile picture, photos and email address via FB
  • The company’s privacy policy ambiguously states how it can share data with its “Affiliates”
  • The company is based in St. Petersburg, Russia
  • You grant FaceApp a perpetual, irrevocable royalty-free license to use, adapt, publish, distribute your user content in all media formats when you post or share”
  • "hackers (and Russian gov by proxy) can cross-reference your face and phone info with the websites you’re using
So there you go.
In Soviet Russia, FaceApp swaps YOU!

FaceApp -
  • requires your Facebook login -receives your name, profile picture, photos and email address via FB
  • The company’s privacy policy ambiguously states how it can share data with its “Affiliates”
  • You grant FaceApp a perpetual, irrevocable royalty-free license to use, adapt, publish, distribute your user content in all media formats when you post or share”
  • "hackers (and Russian gov by proxy) can cross-reference your face and phone info with the websites you’re using
So there you go.

This is basically the behaviour of a Daily Mail comments section gammontard.

There's loads of crap like that on Facebook. People click through and allow all their info to be given to random companies, just to find out what Disney Princess they are or other such rubbish.
Agree with this. It’s absolutely stupid and only absolute idiots will use Facebook for childish rubbish like that. Will never understand it.

I’m Cinderella for what it’s worth.

There's loads of crap like that on Facebook. People click through and allow all their info to be given to random companies, just to find out what Disney Princess they are or other such rubbish.
Agreed what a waste of time only used by narcissists.

Btw, I was Princess Hairy Bollocks

FaceApp -
!

It doesn't require any of that, you get the option to allow the app to use your camera and access your photos and that's it. Nowt to do with Facebook at all

The app is spot on like. I already know that every single thing you do on the interweb is stored and there is no way around that other than not using the interweb.

It doesn't require any of that, you get the option to allow the app to use your camera and access your photos and that's it. Nowt to do with Facebook at all

The amount who have allowed it access wouldn't surprise me.

Then again look through your apps and the permissions you've given to all of them. You may be surprised

FaceApp -
So there you go.
It didn't require mine, used it without ever having used facebook on my phone, I did allow access to my photos but they are 99% pictures of my dogs and 1% pictures of my pocket so they are welcome to those.

Apparently it's not. When people have looked into it, it seems that the hysteria is because the dev team is Russian as opposed to anything else.

It's not doing anything non-standard that people don't already trust those oh so whiter than white Yank software companies with.

I just won't use it as it's sad as fuck imo there.

Use it, its fun

If the Russians want to watch me wanking, they're more then welcome.
With a FACE app?!? Remind me never to be around you when you have to unlock your iPhone.

Data? What like a pic of my fayce? They can have it mate
Access to your phone and everything in there. Also, most iPhones now use face recognition to unlock... hmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:

Back