Any FaceApp users on here?

Apparently it's not. When people have looked into it, it seems that the hysteria is because the dev team is Russian as opposed to anything else.

It's not doing anything non-standard that people don't already trust those oh so whiter than white Yank software companies with.

I just won't use it as it's sad as fuck imo there.

Apparently it's not. When people have looked into it, it seems that the hysteria is because the dev team is Russian as opposed to anything else.

It's not doing anything non-standard that people don't already trust those oh so whiter than white Yank software companies with.

That would appear to be the problem. Someone started a rumour (shown not to be true) that it uploaded all of your photos because it requests access to your photos (like all other apps that use your photos do!).

I'd be a lot more wary about giving my data to that other app that begins face....

This is the long and short of it. This is just the modern iteration of the "Facebook is claiming the copyright to all your photos, copy and paste this text before the Xth of July to stop it" nonsense.

Misinformation.

It takes the photo you upload (it has to, it's done in the cloud) and your device model and type. That's apparently it according to a French security expert.

Last edited:

Back