Another unnamed England player in trouble

The ECB are between a rock and a hard place, mind. They have to be seen to be coming down hard on players saying or writing something abusive, offensive, or just plain daft. On the other hand, they also need to show that they're not trying to put an end to anyone's England career over a minor event, blown up by the media, that happened way before they made the side.

Someone at the ECB will have to earn their money and confront an issue for a change.

I don't have an issue with either posts but the ECB look a bit silly here. Lesbians may find the tweet by Anderson to be offensive, so the ECB should apply their logic and investigate like they are with Robinson. They clearly aren't which makes them hypocrites and once again utterly pathetic
How is Anderson’s tweet homophobic ?
He’s obviously joking that one of his mates looks like a lass.

Morgan/Buttler are not being racist. They are just using an ‘in’ joke, again between mates

How is Anderson’s tweet homophobic ?
He’s obviously joking that one of his mates looks like a lass.

Morgan/Buttler are not being racist. They are just using an ‘in’ joke, again between mates

He said "Thought he looked like a 15 yr old lesbian!"

some may deem that homophobic

(for the record I don't find it offensive and don't believe he should be suspended, I am merely trying to understand the logic from the ECB here).

He said "Thought he looked like a 15 yr old lesbian!"

some may deem that homophobic

(for the record I don't find it offensive and don't believe he should be suspended, I am merely trying to understand the logic from the ECB here).
Presumably the ECB naively thought that the ‘issue’ started and finished with Ollie Robinson.

They should have checked out all other players before punishing Robinson (who was in the wrong btw).

Now the ECB have a bigger problem to resolve

How is it irrelevant? Surely there are levels to this?

should Root be suspended because he said boobs?
Levels? Who decides the levels? What levels are acceptable and what are not?

It needs to be black or white (and no not in the racial sense but the metaphorical sense). That's what the world demands now. Theres no room for error, miss judgement, mistake etc....

Someone will be offended somewhere down the line and people should be held accountable.

Are they going to re-investigate the fake KP twitter account and ban everyone for bullying in the workplace?
Just need to drop Stuart Broad and that will take care of all the punishments required for that account allegedly like
So you're fine with England cricketers tweeting taking the piss out of lesbians?
Maybe it was a compliment? 15 year old lasses take far more pride in their hair that most lads do

Last edited:
Maybe so but the ECB should take time to find out these things, like they are with Robinson
Personally I think there should be a statute of limitations on this sort of thing - pulling up daft tweets when some of them were barely out of short pants is a joke

Easy method is to ban all centrally contracted players from social media

Personally I think there should be a statute of limitations on this sort of thing - pulling up daft tweets when some of them were barely out of short pants is a joke

Easy method is to ban all centrally contracted players from social media

They've set the bar now with the Robinson carry on, it now seems some think "ah that one wasn't too bad so it's ok" which to be honest is a poor reason/justification for not applying to same consistency of suspension/investigate/educate. The ECB didn't expect this and purely expected to use Robinson as a sole example not realising others have being daft on twitter. They're coming out of this yet again as looking like complete clowns.

As someone has pointed out, should they re-investigate the fake KP bullying account?

Should they look at Ben Stokes when he took the piss out of Harvey Price (disabled) again?

They've set the bar now with the Robinson carry on, it now seems some think "ah that one wasn't too bad so it's ok" which to be honest is a poor reason/justification for not applying to same consistency of suspension/investigate/educate. The ECB didn't expect this and purely expected to use Robinson as a sole example not realising others have being daft on twitter. They're coming out of this yet again as looking like complete clowns.

As someone has pointed out, should they re-investigate the fake KP bullying account?

Should they look at Ben Stokes when he took the piss out of Harvey Price (disabled) again?
Fair point. Where does it all stop? Once you censure one person, can you justifiably ignore the rest?

Back