Another Josh Maja

He was always leaving. He starts by saying he wanted to stay but then says he couldn't turn down a move to further his career....its all well and good, the outcome would have been the same if a premier league or even championship side had come in for him.

Pretty much every player that's moved in similar circumstances come out with the same shite. I'm sick of seeing his name tbh.

I'll tell ya who wasn't selfish Josho...JC - Jesus Christ.
He said something about it being easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter heaven so think on young man!
Josh is apparently religious so he'd have been better off long term staying here on his pittance and helping the poor

Didn’t Donald say he had been offered what he asked for? Someone’s telling porkies.

It's out there in the media with quotes from the club;
his agent made a ton of demands (20K per week, wage renegotiation if we're promoted, low transfer fee if not)
we agreed to them all
his agent stopped taking calls and responding to emails from SAFC for two weeks
that's when the club said there was a deadline
Maja told Ross he wanted to stay
His agent phoned Sky Sports and told them he wouldn't sign
then Maja and told Ross the next day "my agent told me not to sign".

The agent gets a fee for a transfer but not a new contract.
The agent has pulled this type of transfer a number of times now.

Maja may have spoken - but given the above information came directly from the club, its interesting that nothing Maja has said directly addresses the specific statements made above.

Another Stewart Donald lie?
Or a twisting agent wanting more????? Take your choice.
From a players point of view-French top division or English third division(probably/possibly second division if he stayed).Plus probably more money in his wage packet if he moved, even European competition? No brainer IMHO, its not even that he was a hometown lad so no ties that way.

An article that contradicts the headline . On a scale of 1-10, he comes over as disappointed to leave around 2 and actually wanting to stay around 3.

As for now established, well everytime I check , he’s on the bench . Anyone got appearances/starts/goals stats?

No real issue with what he did, this was his first big contract and he had to do what he did, I do wish we'd just kept him and let him leave for nothing like but it's easy to say that now, we were all pretty happy we'd bought Grigg.

I seem to remember him saying that, yes. But then he went on to say that when they offered them that it wasn’t accepted, implying that the agent then asked for more.

Maja’s side of the story and Donald’s side aren’t worlds apart. Its a shame we lost him, but I can’t blame Maja for seeking what is best for himself.

I always think there's a bit of a half truth in some of Donald's statements. Offering him what he wanted? We probably did, but it was probably what his agent said would be acceptable when negotiations started. Once it became obvious that the goals were going to keep coming, and others got interested, then he'll likely have been getting offers above what they initially said they wanted, and above what we could offer in league one. The agent in that regard was just doing his job and getting the best deal he could for his client.

I was pissed off about it when he left, partly because of rumours he'd packed up and not given us any choice but to let him go, but then there's been stories since that paint him in a much better light. Ultimately we can't blame him for making that move, it was huge for him and fair play he seems to be doing well there. Equally I'm not so convinced that it cost us promotion. We never really looked like dead certs when he was here, and he left us in 5th. We changed how we played slightly when he went and others chipped in more, and we finished 5th. We'll never know but I suspect we'd have still failed last season. He's not a Bent or a Stubbs, he's a young lad who burst onto the scene and got very exciting offers at a time when his contract was running out and his club was underperforming. No hard feelings at all and to be honest I hope he continues to do well, he seems a canny enough lad. The blame, as with many things, lies with those who ran us into the ground over the years, without them we'd have been in a position to keep him and he'd have been a lot less keen to leave

Club was in a no win situation, agreed to his demands which he refused and then he started to declare himself injured. If anyone thinks he would have played on beyond January like he did the first few months of the season then I think you would be wrong.

It's out there in the media with quotes from the club;
his agent made a ton of demands (20K per week, wage renegotiation if we're promoted, low transfer fee if not)
we agreed to them all
his agent stopped taking calls and responding to emails from SAFC for two weeks
that's when the club said there was a deadline
Maja told Ross he wanted to stay
His agent phoned Sky Sports and told them he wouldn't sign
then Maja and told Ross the next day "my agent told me not to sign".

The agent gets a fee for a transfer but not a new contract.
The agent has pulled this type of transfer a number of times now.

Maja may have spoken - but given the above information came directly from the club, its interesting that nothing Maja has said directly addresses the specific statements made above.
Thanks for the recap mate.

Or a twisting agent wanting more????? Take your choice.
From a players point of view-French top division or English third division(probably/possibly second division if he stayed).Plus probably more money in his wage packet if he moved, even European competition? No brainer IMHO, its not even that he was a hometown lad so no ties that way.

An agent acts on behalf of the player not himself.

90%?+ of all players are in it for the best contract they can earn.

For a fan playing for their club will always mean so much more but for professional footballers it’s a job end of.

Most people would move jobs for a huge pay rise and better working conditions.

All this badge kissing and rallying calls are so false it’s cringeworthy

Back