Another academy player gone

• Thread starter Deleted member 31333
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless of course we were happy for Kiernan to go because he's not all that? Amazing how many brilliant players we have in the u23s/U18s despite the fact we won 1 game across both teams all last season
It’s not about the player per se it’s the principle. We can all have views on this, and I agree the whole u23 u18 situation is a disgrace, but imho, which you may or may not agree with, these clowns, (and I apologise to any clowns out there that I’m offending by classing them together), Are without doubt the worst owners we’ve ever had, they should be banned from football, they’ve got us to the worst position we’ve ever had, and it’s not over yet. They come out with these statements about how good we are, how when they’ve had their time they’ll go, how the finances are brilliant etc etc, complete shite. I’ve lost all interest, and after 50 years of supporting them that’s very sad, I’m not going anywhere near til they’ve gone, they’re charlatans.

How the fuck do we still have people defending the way this club is being run man? Utterly ridiculous. Again it’s not this one particular sale it’s that it’s just about every single youth player. We are going to struggle to put a team out.
It’s not about the player per se it’s the principle. We can all have views on this, and I agree the whole u23 u18 situation is a disgrace, but imho, which you may or may not agree with, these clowns, (and I apologise to any clowns out there that I’m offending by classing them together), Are without doubt the worst owners we’ve ever had, they should be banned from football, they’ve got us to the worst position we’ve ever had, and it’s not over yet. They come out with these statements about how good we are, how when they’ve had their time they’ll go, how the finances are brilliant etc etc, complete shite. I’ve lost all interest, and after 50 years of supporting them that’s very sad, I’m not going anywhere near til they’ve gone, they’re charlatans.
Spot on

Until the reason is known why the lad left, bit rich trying to blame the club
The club have failed to hold onto yet another promising youth player. If this was a one off fair enough. But our gripe isnt with losing one player. It's the culmination of losing a whole generation of talent. There are examples on here of the club making the process far too easy for other clubs to poach our kids and it's an absolute disgrace.

Maybe getting shot of paul reid may improve things, but the ownership has to take ultimate responsibility for this mess at the academy which will take years to recover from.

Agreed it’s the principle. Fundamental disregard shown to the parts of SAFC that the fans hold true to their heart and from a financial point of view are our only avenue to truly growing the club in future.

Thank you

Unless of course we were happy for Kiernan to go because he's not all that? Amazing how many brilliant players we have in the u23s/U18s despite the fact we won 1 game across both teams all last season
Maybe but someone at the club must have recognised him because he was taken from the under 18 side and handed the opportunity to come on in the check a trade as a 17 year old. Also capped by ROI at 18s
Surely this isnt true? He was on the retained list so he must have signed a pro deal.

This lad has talent aswell

boro announced it on their website

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe but someone at the club must have recognised him because he was taken from the under 18 side and handed the opportunity to come on in the check a trade as a 17 year old. Also capped by ROI at 18s

boro announced it on their website
A token gesture and got about 5min when we were winning probably

A token gesture and got about 5min when we were winning probably

He was still picked from the u18 side to be on the bench and to then come on. The other players that featured in the check a trade were more experienced 23 players & then Bali.

The club have failed to hold onto yet another promising youth player. If this was a one off fair enough. But our gripe isnt with losing one player. It's the culmination of losing a whole generation of talent. There are examples on here of the club making the process far too easy for other clubs to poach our kids and it's an absolute disgrace.

Maybe getting shot of paul reid may improve things, but the ownership has to take ultimate responsibility for this mess at the academy which will take years to recover from.
15 players in 2 years

Here's a list of academy players/products we've sold since Donald arrived:

Michael Would (Willem II)
Luke Hewitson (Liverpool)
Jacob Young (Hoffenheim)
Williams Kokolo (Middlesbrough)
Logan Pye (Manchester United)
George Honeyman (Hull)
Bali Mumba (Norwich) *
Luca Stephenson (Liverpool)
James McConnell (Liverpool)
Morten Spencer (Leeds)
Andrew Nelson (Dundee)
Josh Maja (Bordeux)
Joel Asoro (Swansea)
Cole Kiernan (Middlesbrough)
Sam Greenwood (Arsenal)
Joe Hughill (Manchester United)

*not confirmed yet

16 players gone! Absolutely disgusting what he has done to the academy :evil:

Why are you so desperate to dismiss anyone who we've lost from the academy as a rubbish player? I've noticed this over multiple threads now, you repeatedly dismiss any idea of a youth academy producing players for us.

Unless they are in the first team now, he believes they won't be good enough. It's every thread. He doesn't see younger players having potential unless they are at a big club. It's strange. Normally would expect that from very young fans who are uneducated about the situation.
They offered him a contract to get the compensation between £150-170k apparently!

Aye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back