Another academy player gone

• Thread starter Deleted member 31333
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s an utter disgrace a league one club allowing clubs in a higher league to take our players . They should be under house arrest and forced to play for us and show total loyalty. Don’t they realise they can be a world class talent in the eyes of the smb if they stay and charge about the field showing no natural skill or positional sense ?

And get a move to Hull off the back of it by any chance?

Yeah it's really reassuring that we've lost yet another promising academy player. But I suppose we have to be realistic and accept we cant compete with some of the biggest clubs in world football. And clubs towards the bottom of the second tier of english football.

It’s true. How can we possibly compete with the world beating and financial heavyweight clubs like Middlesbrough, Norwich, Charlton and Hull?

Well - I suppose we might have a chance of competing with them if we weren’t purchased with our own money by a chap who has a net worth of about £35. Or maybe even if that chap decided to sell us for a reasonable price.

They’ve got us to a point where we’re not even attractive enough to keep talent when the alternative is a club of the stature of boro, who let’s be honest are a shit tip of a club no fans, and likely to be alongside us next season
It’s nothing short of pathetic. Glad I cancelled my DD and I’m never stepping foot in that stadium again until they’re back in their Oxfordshire ivory towers. Whether Kiernan, Mumba etc. will end up good or otherwise, it’s the fundamental ignorance they’ve shown towards the academy ever since they arrived. A league one club with a category one status, in an era when English players have a premium on them .... it’s our only route to ever getting to the top half of the championship and beyond again. The points haul the kids botched up is nothing short of disgusting either, it’s like some sick joke.

They’ve got us to a point where we’re not even attractive enough to keep talent when the alternative is a club of the stature of boro, who let’s be honest are a shit tip of a club no fans, and likely to be alongside us next season
Unless of course we were happy for Kiernan to go because he's not all that? Amazing how many brilliant players we have in the u23s/U18s despite the fact we won 1 game across both teams all last season

It's just a daily procession of shit news. I'm like a punch drunk boxer now praying for someone to throw in the towel. Not content with keeping us in this shit league they are now destroying our future for generations to come.
It’s like a big ‘fuck you’ to the thick North Eastern plebs who don’t understand business now. I wouldn’t even rule out the appointment of someone with the surname Rodwell as CEO being a ploy to taunt the fans. His CV is harrowing.

Unless of course we were happy for Kiernan to go because he's not all that? Amazing how many brilliant players we have in the u23s/U18s despite the fact we won 1 game across both teams all last season
He was one of the few talented players
He was only on the retained list as at the time of printing he was still on his scholar contract. Hence it ran out June 30th.
I guess boro will be paying compensation

Last edited:
Yeah it's really reassuring that we've lost yet another promising academy player. But I suppose we have to be realistic and accept we cant compete with some of the biggest clubs in world football. And clubs towards the bottom of the second tier of english football.
Did we never lose any academy players for any reason a couple of years ago? Boro are also (at least currently) a league above us, so until we hopefully swap places with them and we are in a league above they are, it isn't massively surprising that some kids may want to be a part of a Championship club.

It’s like a big ‘fuck you’ to the thick North Eastern plebs who don’t understand business now. I wouldn’t even rule out the appointment of someone with the surname Rodwell as CEO being a ploy to taunt the fans. His CV is harrowing.
I'm expecting copra or Lee Clark to head of academy. It's getting worse each day and action should be taken. Surely pressure on rawa the fanzines and supporters associations must be at breaking point. Now Is the time to act ffs

I'm expecting copra or Lee Clark to head of academy. It's getting worse each day and action should be taken. Surely pressure on rawa the fanzines and supporters associations must be at breaking point. Now Is the time to act ffs
We will get the blame for not recruiting well this summer too, they should thank their lucky stars over 10K have renewed, thats if they have. Literally every single Sunderland season ticket holder I know personally has either cancelled their DD or not bothered renewing.

We will get the blame for not recruiting well this summer too, they should thank their lucky stars over 10K have renewed, thats if they have. Literally every single Sunderland season ticket holder I know personally has either cancelled their DD or not bothered renewing.
I renewed and they didn't take my money
Highly likely to fully cancel and kick.off via email rant. Won't make a difference but good to vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back