Andrew Lloyd Webber

• Thread starter Rustie Trombone
  • Start date
I see he's backed down

"After rejecting the option to be one of the official pilot events, Lord Lloyd-Webber confirmed the show would open next week with a 50% capacity, the current legal limit.

If he did open with a full theatre, it "would be very likely that every member of my cast, crew and orchestra, the front and backstage staff, plus our loyal audience members, could be individually fined £500, which I couldn't possibly risk", he said.

"If it were just me, I would happily risk arrest and fines to make a stand and lead the live music and theatre industry back to the full capacities we so desperately need."
Shitebag. If he believed in it so strongly he could just pay all the fines.

I see he's backed down

"If it were just me, I would happily risk arrest and fines to make a stand and lead the live music and theatre industry back to the full capacities we so desperately need."

He’s looking at it like a business man with zero regard for public health. Prick.

I see he's backed down

"After rejecting the option to be one of the official pilot events, Lord Lloyd-Webber confirmed the show would open next week with a 50% capacity, the current legal limit.

If he did open with a full theatre, it "would be very likely that every member of my cast, crew and orchestra, the front and backstage staff, plus our loyal audience members, could be individually fined £500, which I couldn't possibly risk", he said.

He wanted 100% capacity and was offered 100% capacity pilot, which he then rejected. And the thought of going ahead and reimbursing his employees £500 never entered his head. Must be a great boss to work for :rolleyes:

Another shitbag millionaire who was actually more interested in the headlines than ever putting on his show at full capacity.

Back