Anderson finished?

I agree the point I am making though if a bloke took 300 wickets at 23, they'd try n argue he was better than Jimmy etc

You make a good point. The ECB have a lot to answer for in his early years trying to change his action and causing injuries. David Saker worked wonders with him.

I feel really privileged to have seen his (and Broads) entire careers. My kids are just getting into cricket and I hope to them jimmy is viewed with the same aura people of my age had for Botham.

So many highlights to his career but I recall very fondly him leading the attack as we demolished the Aussies back to back in Melbourne and Sydney in 2010/11. Superb viewing

A bowling attack of a near 40 year old Anderson, near 36 year old Broad and Woakes in Australia would be very concerning IMO. Australia is no place for old bones and Woakes has a poor record outside of England. IMO, you can only pick 1 of those 3 in the starting XI.

I think depends entirely on what other viable options we have at the time

I think depends entirely on what other viable options we have at the time

there is zero chance of that

I don't get the constant chat in the media about him and Broad, what is the rush? I couldn't care less how old someone is, just whether they are our best bowlers.

And why are people talking about Australia now, should we play 3 spinners this summer because we have Sri Lanka and India next

England will pick their best attack depending on the pitch and conditions they have. Our best attack in Oz won't be broad, jimmy, woakes

But our best attack in England isn't archer, wood, stone

and our best attack in India isn't archer, broad, jimmy etc etc

I dont see what use playing a team for India or Australia in England has personally

This is actually something the media, ex players, journos talk a lot about more than fans.

I don't get the constant chat in the media about him and B

I don't get the constant chat in the media about him and Broad, what is the rush? I couldn't care less how old someone is, just whether they are our best bowlers.

And why are people talking about Australia now, should we play 3 spinners this summer because we have Sri Lanka and India next

England will pick their best attack depending on the pitch and conditions they have. Our best attack in Oz won't be broad, jimmy, woakes

But our best attack in England isn't archer, wood, stone

and our best attack in India isn't archer, broad, jimmy etc etc

I dont see what use playing a team for India or Australia in England has personally

This is actually something the media, ex players, journos talk a lot about more than fans.
Hey mate have you lost interest in Durham?

Last edited:

Back