Anderson finished?

Was anyone listening to TMS towards the end of play today? quite naturally Aggers was desperate for Anderson to get that 600th wicket but when he did his summary on the days play I got the feeling Aggers felt it could be 600 and goodbye.

Was anyone listening to TMS towards the end of play today? quite naturally Aggers was desperate for Anderson to get that 600th wicket but when he did his summary on the days play I got the feeling Aggers felt it could be 600 and goodbye.

I just don’t get that. Jimmy couldn’t have been any more emphatic in his interviews about wanting to play on. Why would he quit when his stats are still superb?

Broad is thebloke who’s admitted he’s thought about retirement. I still think he’ll go before Jimmy.

I just don’t get that. Jimmy couldn’t have been any more emphatic in his interviews about wanting to play on. Why would he quit when his stats are still superb?

Broad is thebloke who’s admitted he’s thought about retirement. I still think he’ll go before Jimmy.

That Broad one does surprise me. Given his fitness seems massively better than Jimmy’s and he is a bit younger, I’d fancy he has a chance of eclipsing Jimmy if he wants it. Doesn’t sound from that as if he does though

his overall average isn't a true reflection on his ability as he was so hit and miss at the start, and its an easy stick for the lads from india and oz to criticise him with

this tweet

Jimmy Anderson's continued improvement just amazing: 600 Test wickets at 26, last 500 at 25, last 400 at 24, last 300 at 23, last 200 at 21 and last 100 at 22.

his overall average isn't a true reflection on his ability as he was so hit and miss at the start, and its an easy stick for the lads from india and oz to criticise him with

this tweet

Jimmy Anderson's continued improvement just amazing: 600 Test wickets at 26, last 500 at 25, last 400 at 24, last 300 at 23, last 200 at 21 and last 100 at 22.

On the decline then 😉

this tweet

Nothing wrong with taking your wickets at 26 either tbh. Especially with the joke of a pitch half our away trips are usually played on for seamers. Loved the graphic Sky had yesterday when, apart from year 2 when he had injuries, his average slid down every single year of his career.

Nothing wrong with taking your wickets at 26 either tbh. Especially with the joke of a pitch half our away trips are usually played on for seamers. Loved the graphic Sky had yesterday when, apart from year 2 when he had injuries, his average slid down every single year of his career.

I agree the point I am making though if a bloke took 300 wickets at 23, they'd try n argue he was better than Jimmy etc

Back