Anderson finished?

I think he might have peaked in home conditions a few years ago but seems to still be improving, or at least maintaining his peak, away. His career has really flipped in terms of home versus away anyway cos he was fodder overseas initially.

He’d be easier to replace in a home series now imo, whereas a Woakes or even Broad wouldn’t have me feeling confident away.

Last edited:
I know Keith made the wrong call at the start of this thread but there were plenty after the last Ashes tour saying that it was time for England to look to the future.

They’re looking ridiculous, as was the regime who picked Fisher and Mahmood ahead of him for that WI tour.

I know Keith made the wrong call at the start of this thread but there were plenty after the last Ashes tour saying that it was time for England to look to the future.

They’re looking ridiculous, as was the regime who picked Fisher and Mahmood ahead of him for that WI tour.

When players get older they aren't allowed a below par performance without it being irrefutable proof that they are finished. It will happen again when Jimmy has one singular poor performance with the ball. I remember Alec Stewart in his 30s getting the same thing during a poor run and he came back stronger also.

Back