Anderson finished?

It’s injury dependant I think. He could get one and that will be it, recovery just gets so much harder

without injury I agree

Thats true but he is so lyth and his run up is so economical that injuries are quite rate

Aye if he tore a muscle or someit that be hard

The thing is, he still bowls quick, mid 80s most time.

He could operate in England at a much lower speed, thus putting his body under less pressure

It’s injury dependant I think. He could get one and that will be it, recovery just gets so much harder

without injury I agree
If they delay the Ashes to next year I could see that as an ending - would give him a chance to beat Warne's haul (no way he gets near Murali unless he plays till he was 45).
Think this tour is too early for him to retire even if it doesn't go well given what he's producing

If they delay the Ashes to next year I could see that as an ending - would give him a chance to beat Warne's haul (no way he gets near Murali unless he plays till he was 45).
Think this tour is too early for him to retire even if it doesn't go well given what he's producing

I’ve thought for a couple of years that he’ll still be opening the bowling at home in the Ashes in 2023.

He’s so good that he can decline a bit and still be worthy of a place in the side by then.

I’ve thought for a couple of years that he’ll still be opening the bowling at home in the Ashes in 2023.

He’s so good that he can decline a bit and still be worthy of a place in the side by then.
My one criticism about him and it might be worth the rethink is that Anderson has yet to take a wicket in his opening spell with the new ball in any of his last 7 innings. He's getting his wickets when the ball gets older which would lead into the theory that he could decline and become more of a holding bowler like Hoggard towards the end. I'm aware he does that job anyway now as he has been so good for so long but this way we can transition for the future whilst Jimmy still gets a game

Definitely think Broad goes first even though it would be our mcgrath/warne goodbye if they went together

Last edited:
:oops: up there with the Defoe thread this.
Thats true but he is so lyth and his run up is so economical that injuries are quite rate

Aye if he tore a muscle or someit that be hard

The thing is, he still bowls quick, mid 80s most time.

He could operate in England at a much lower speed, thus putting his body under less pressure
I've noticed that, he is still up at mid 80s

Last edited by a moderator:

Back