Anderson finished?

I'm hoping he makes a miraculous recovery as I fear we're fucked without him.

Trundling in at 80mph isn't going to give the Aussies any sleepless night
Aye we don’t have the firepower without him. If we were going there with Jimmy, Broad, Archer, Robinson, Wood and a fit Stokes we would have had good options but the chances are now we will end up over bowling Jimmy and Broad and not have sufficient depth.

I'm hoping he makes a miraculous recovery as I fear we're fucked without him.

Trundling in at 80mph isn't going to give the Aussies any sleepless night

Stone, Wood, Carse and Garton all capable of bowling 90+. Archer won't be at full pace even if he returns.

Stone, Wood, Carse and Garton all capable of bowling 90+. Archer won't be at full pace even if he returns.

you don’t need 90mph to win out there mind although

I remember South Africa steamed through them with philander and Abbott not long ago

height vital for us

we can’t win mind

Robinson key shame he isn’t a couple miles quicker like

Stone is injured yet again. Wood is made of glass and the other 2 are completely unproven at top level.

I remember South Africa steamed through them with philander and Abbott not long ago

height vital for us

we can’t win mind

Height? Hmm.

Robinson has height but more importantly has a yard of pace and is fit.

Finn, Tremlett and Rankin all had height but no real pace. It was a disaster.

Last edited:

height vital for us

we can’t win mind

Robinson will bowl well I think. True enough re not having to be 99 mph and the likes of Bresnan and Tremlett and even the Indian attack last year were mainly skiddy quicks. Our bowlers will still do a job because their batting is fragile but losing Archer is a massive blow.
Stone is injured yet again. Wood is made of glass and the other 2 are completely unproven at top level.

Height? Hmm.

Robinson has height but more importantly has a yard of pace and is fit.

Finn, Tremlett and Rankin all had height but no real pace. It was a disaster.
Tremlett had a great series out their and Robinson is a different class imo

Last edited:

Quite an ironic comment given Archer's fitness and lack of consistency at this level.

Wood hasn't been injured for ages since he changed his run up.
Carse took a five fer in the last ODI and anyone who has watched him for Durham knows he has quality as an impact bowler
Garton is a lefty and offers additional options

Why would you write off new players simply because they're new?

Robinson will bowl well I think. True enough re not having to be 99 mph and the likes of Bresnan and Tremlett and even the Indian attack last year were mainly skiddy quicks. Our bowlers will still do a job because their batting is fragile but losing Archer is a massive blow.

Tremlett had a great series out their and Robinson is a different class imo
Tremlett had half a great series.

He was selected again on the strength of that and it didn't pay off.

Quite an ironic comment given Archer's fitness and lack of consistency at this level.

Wood hasn't been injured for ages since he changed his run up.
Carse took a five fer in the last ODI and anyone who has watched him for Durham knows he has quality as an impact bowler
Garton is a lefty and offers additional options

Why would you write off new players simply because they're new?
I'm not writing them off but they are largely unproven. Australia is a baptism of fire to say the least.

We should drop Curran and get them in the side now for experience if they are our big hopes for Oz.

That's only 1 bowler. Wood will struggle to play 5 tests.

The Aussies will be trying to prepare fast tracks for their 3 genuine quicks and we will have an attack of mostly trundlers.
Very true. I'd like to see what Overton could do over there too. Presumably Broad and Anderson would rotate. I think we are still massive underdogs though.

Back