An hour to catch a killer with Trevor McDonald - tonight 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds canny apart from Trevor mc donut,never really warmed to him or his style.He seems to have one face for everything

Cheers
There's something about that face that keeps him in work . Canny blerk but a woeful presenter .

I was going to say why did it need Trevor Mcdonald on the Quayside when a voice over would have been preferable. And yes, the repetition of 'golden hour' was doing my head in. Preferred the presentation of the recent BBC 2 Detectives programme to this, although it was a horribly tragic case.
Leave wor Treva alone. He's a geordie ya nar .

Last edited:

The 999 call at the start was brutal, blood chilling tbh. I hope that little shithouse gets the same back while inside, ear to ear the evil fucker.
Once he knew he was bang to rights and started giving it the "no comment" shit I was honestly raging at the tv last night.
RIP to the poor lass.

The 999 call at the start was brutal, blood chilling tbh. I hope that little shithouse gets the same back while inside, ear to ear the evil fucker.
Once he knew he was bang to rights and started giving it the "no comment" shit I was honestly raging at the tv last night.
RIP to the poor lass.
it got a lot worse, they only played the beginning, probably a bit distressing for prime time telly

Am I the only one that thought it was poor compared to 24 hours in police custody and the one the BBC did ?

All that repetition of the golden hour bollocks, any one of us would have ordered the same checks. Endless footage of newcastle until they say he's arrived at Gateshead nick and he bloody was in the "toon"

Then rushed at the end with no indication of how the trial went or what a twat he was throughout
Not a patch on the BEEB one.

I'm surprised I missed it, usually keep on top of the news. I was surprised at the end when they said he was found guilty at trial- I thought he would have just pleaded after the way the interview/investigation went
Arrogance marra,

Last edited:
See the head copper in that was charged with misconduct earlier this year after being drunk and abusive to member of the public and transport plod who attended at Edinburgh station.
Obviously good at her job though.

So did Northumbria Police miss a chance to help, or did Alice not want to take a complaint further? The implied it was the former, but then we have people on here who would like know saying the latter?

Must be so hard to do that job, not only having to see and deal with the credit scene, bit also sit opposite a fella like that. As someone else has said as soon as he switched to no comment I wanted to punch the telly.
Hopefully some of his fellow lags will have seen that, they tend.not to take too kindly to crimes like that.

So did Northumbria Police miss a chance to help, or did Alice not want to take a complaint further? The implied it was the former, but then we have people on here who would like know saying the latter?

Must be so hard to do that job, not only having to see and deal with the credit scene, bit also sit opposite a fella like that. As someone else has said as soon as he switched to no comment I wanted to punch the telly.
Hopefully some of his fellow lags will have seen that, they tend.not to take too kindly to crimes like that.
I think they asked her if she wanted him arrested and she said no. Difficult situation. Do they ignore her and just lock him up or take on board her wishes and then realise the fall out later

I think they asked her if she wanted him arrested and she said no. Difficult situation. Do they ignore her and just lock him up or take on board her wishes and then realise the fall out later
That's how I understood it from here, it just felt a bit off for them to at her first call and leave it at that. Made it look as if they ignored the complaint. Has to be horrible for them wondering if they could have done more or not, but then if the arrested him don't have enough to charge him then you could have had the second end result anyway.

That's how I understood it from here, it just felt a bit off for them to at her first call and leave it at that. Made it look as if they ignored the complaint. Has to be horrible for them wondering if they could have done more or not, but then if the arrested him don't have enough to charge him then you could have had the second end result anyway.
Even arresting him and charging him could have resulted in the situation as it turned out. He was clearly messed up and dangerous

Even arresting him and charging him could have resulted in the situation as it turned out. He was clearly messed up and dangerous
Agreed. The fact that he carried out such a vile act shows his complete disregard for the law. An arrest may not have made any difference to the outcome.

We'll never know though, sadly.

Very good that just watched it. Ive took some horrific 999 calls but that was f***ing terrible.. Hang the (unt !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back