Amiga Mini

Does wvery game load alright or is it temperamental as always? Feels like it has to be for the true Amiga experience!
They play just as well. Plays better when the screen size is on fixed and looks like that 14” bedroom tv. They’re a bit blockier on modern tv/monitors. I’ve benchmarked that on jimmy whites snooker vs an old YouTube video. Still very playable though

Tempted to get one. I had a 2nd hand one as a bairn before I got my Playstation and I loved it, 2 cases full of copied games as well as a few originals. Loved Soccer Kid, Speedball, Stunt Car Racer, Theme Park, Microprose Soccer, James Pond, Road Rash, Lemmings, Shufflepuck Cafe, Arcade Pool, Bart vs the Space Mutants, Cannon Fodder

What a machine

Tempted to get one. I had a 2nd hand one as a bairn before I got my Playstation and I loved it, 2 cases full of copied games as well as a few originals. Loved Soccer Kid, Speedball, Stunt Car Racer, Theme Park, Microprose Soccer, James Pond, Road Rash, Lemmings, Shufflepuck Cafe, Arcade Pool, Bart vs the Space Mutants, Cannon Fodder

What a machine
Memory lane! Monkey island was superb melted my young brain

I was looking at the Amiga mini last year but ended up going for raspberry pi400 and installing pimiga on it. It’s free and there’s guides on YouTube.

Worked out about £60 for 6000 Amiga games and demos. Player Manager got some hammer for a while, but it’s now gathering dust in the cupboard.

I have the Pi3b with amiga set up, it’s missing some great games though

Reunion
Xcom
Hero quest
Stable masters 2
Boxing manager
Premier manager

I have the Pi3b with amiga set up, it’s missing some great games though

Reunion
Xcom
Hero quest
Stable masters 2
Boxing manager
Premier manager

football masters (footy crazy) was missing from the pimiga list. I downloaded the adf file from lemon Amiga. Just SSH it over to the rpi.

That boxing game is on that site

Does anyone remember the noise the disk drive would make if it was refusing to load a game? Kind of a long crunch. It’s burned into my brain! Mind you, every single game I had was copied off mates. Thank you X-Copy III.

What a machine
Was my go to on my old Atari ST. Banana power to max was always hilarious :)
Fancy getting a raspberry pi 5 and setting up a retro gaming box again. I had one on an rpi2 that worked ok, but was a bit slow sometimes. I imagine the rpi5 will solve that :-D

Last edited:

Back